What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. sanguinea

I know N. Sanguinea is a highlander, but is it possible to grow it in lowland conditions?

I live in Singapore, which has an equatorial climate. Diurnal temperatures are around 30-33C, while night temperatures are about 27C. Humidity is in the higher levels, around 80-90%.

I could probably drop the night temperature to 22C by bringing the plant into my air-conditioned room, but the problem is that humidity will plummet to very low levels.

So is it possible, or is my sanguinea doomed?
confused.gif

I think you should be okay, as the N. sanguinea is a robust plant
biggrin.gif

Although I am in the relatively cool UK this summer temps have reached 100f plus in my greenhouse during the day, not dropping below 60f at night. And one of my N. sanguinea is growing in the Sarracenia greenhouse where humidity is only about 40% or less. Its doing great!
wink.gif

A great species- enjoy
alien.gif

cheers

bill

I know somebody that grow Nepenthes sanguinea in KL... so I think you can grow some:)

Ive been growing it here in the Philippines for a year now. There is nothing to worry about.
tounge.gif

Oh, excellent. Thanks for all the replies.

Back