What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The $0.01 humidistat!

If you have a larger size growing chamber and need a humidistat to control the humidity Get to a home depot and purchase:
Honeywell H908B Convertible humidity control
in the thermostat section in a tiny white box.
then check out the electrical cords section and find the "Remote Start" cord with a piggyback plug.
Cut off the remote button and strip the wires. attach em to the humidity controller and plug your ultrasonic fogger into the piggyback cord and plug in to your power strip.

The price on the shelf says $18.99 for the humidity controller but at the counter it rang up as only $0.01 the clerk didn't notice and neither did I til I got home and unpacked the bag and looked at my receipt. So the remote cord was 398% more expensive ($3.99) than the item it was gonna be used on!
biggrin.gif

Anyway, it works just like the $80 humidistat I got from the garden shop and took all of 15 minutes to assemble at the most (it comes with a worthless instruction manual I may add).

If you need humidity control definately get to a hardware store and wire it yourself and save lotsa cash! This humiditstat ranges from 20-60% humidity but to override it place it high in your chamber near your lights and it's sensor will stay dryer while the parts of the tank 5" below the lid will be 85-100%+ humidity.
D.I.Y.!  
biggrin.gif

Swords, thanks for the info. Great idea! I'm going to check it out tomorrow.

Alan

lol. swords, looks like you got a late present
smile.gif
Alandallas, let us know how it goes. I wonder if it's a country-wide discount mistake...

Back