What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do any of you guys have a pic of this one?

• Thread starter Andenes
  • Start date
Do any of you guys have a pic or a description of this hybrid?

Hi Andenes,

I saw this variety once. I belive it is a varigation of an N. 'coccinea', if I am remembering correctly. It just has very highly purple varigation in the leaves. Quite unusual looking. I only saw it once though on Ebay.

it is a variegation of an N. 'coccinea' the only time I have seen it is in the September 2001 Carnivorous Plant Newsletter

"The plant was found in a collection in Europe in the late 1980s,..."

"This plant may only be reproduced by vegetative means in order to maintain the character and details of the ivar's variegation."

Check Barry's site for pictures of it.

It is not purple variegation but normal green and white, like those spider plants you see.

Regards,

Joe

Joe, I belive that is the N. alata varigation. Take a look at the name too. N. coccinea 'scarlet splash'
wink.gif

"Scarlet" refers to the coccinea pitchers, which as you know, ae red. "Splash" refers to the variegation on the leaves, which are green and white.

Regards,

Joe

Hmm...well the one I saw had red varigated leaves....Rampuppy showed me the picture of it maybe he could add to the discussion.

As far as I can tell, it is the green and white varigation, as Joe said. It turns up on ebay fairly regularly, but tends to be rather expensive.

Wouldn't someone just send a damm picture of it? lol
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the pics. I can see where Dustin was thinking red "splashes " on the leaves. Mine does not have those.....
tounge.gif

Regards,

Joe

Thanx mindmaze! And thank you all for trying
biggrin.gif
 I really apreciate that! Wow it's so beautiful!
wow.gif

dose any one Know where I could get a N. coccinea 'scarlet splash'

thanks

Yup Joe, that's what I was talking about.
smile.gif
Thanks for the link Joel.
smile.gif

WOW! My first hot topic! lol
biggrin.gif
I can't believe that my topic became popular! lol
tounge.gif

Jeremiah,

The person who named this cultivar sells them on eBay from time to time, as somebody already mentioned. They are not cheap
sad.gif

Regards,

Joe

Back