What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanna play guess the species?

<image src="http://the-natural-aquarium.com/nepunknown1.jpg">

I got this poor Nepenthes when it had been sitting in a dark wet corner of a garden shop this past january. After 3 months in a lowland terrarium it made this awesome red pitcher and three more coming up!

Even if it's nothing rare I'd like to know what it might be.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Looks to me like N.x Judith Finn or N. Maxima x Truncata Or a cross between those and possibly something else.

Could it be a hamata? Does it have those hooks? :confused:

I take it Judith Finn is a hybrid but what makes up a judith finn hybrid -what species? I'm just wanna make sure I'm treating it right in my lowland 29G terrarium (90-100% humidity water on leaves every morning).

Swords, is this one of your "Little Pot of Horrors" plants you mentioned at GW a while ago? N. x Judith Finn is what I think it is too, the parentage is spathulata x veitchii.

Gafoto, Hamata is not a plant sold at any ordinarry garden shop, it's a pretty expensive.

Photo of N. x Judith Finn at CC.
N._Judith_Finn.JPG

(Edited by Statik2426 at 5:51 pm on April 24, 2002)

Thanks Statik,

Yes it kinda looks like the photo you showed, it's a very long, thin, bananna shaped pitcher but my pitcher is a deep pink/maroon with the dark maroon/purple lip the only green on mine is the lime green cap and the two "hair ladders" and the very base of the pitcher where the tentacle attaches to the bottom of the pitcher.

Yes, this is a Little Pot of Horror CP. I wish I could find a website about LPOH (the company who cultures these plants) so I'd know what the different species they deal with are. They don't even have an address or phone no. or anything on their packaging (not even a "TM" by the name!

Back