What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello.... I was hoping to get some picture submissions for the user gallery. If anyone would like to have a chance to get their picture included, please forward your submission to pcrane@petflytrap.com .. Send away!

Pat

Good guesses everyone :>

Yes it was a very tough one. And being a small seedling makes it even more so.
It is a N. argentii
Once you see a nonseedling pitcher you will probably be able to see some similarities.
Tony

Ohh, hmm......well that was hard!
smile.gif

Here's one I meant to post earlier..

n_xjf.jpg

(Nepenthes spathulata x veitchii)

Pat

Tony, i knew it was N. Argentii, or thats what first came to my mind

becuase the pitcher was half way under the soil, an i know it lives in a harsh condition and it trusts the tendrils under ground and maakes the pitchers then and only like the top shows, its pretty cool, but its pricey, how do you grow it?

Here's another one.. Can anyone tell what it is?

(The peristome is beginning to be shaped like a mature plant's)

Pat

n_guess.JPG

(Edited by mindmaze128 at 8:18 pm on May 23, 2002)

dosnt look much like a lowii?

:confused:

The lower pitchers are very much different than the upper pitchers. Which are the ones you find pictured most often.
Tony

Hi Pat,

I won't be too pessimistic about the time to wait to see typical lower pitchers with bristles under the lid. Judgung from your picture your plant is only very few leafes away from this point. My guess is you'll see it in the next two pitchers - OK that's of course four to five months of waiting...

Joachim

Am I good or what.
smile.gif
Of course if I hadn't went to Tony's GH I may not have got it, but since he showed my a Lowii up close and personal I knew it was one, just the way the teeth are color and curved inwards. Post some more, I like this! Maby we should start another thread to decrease page download time??

well i was wrong :p'

i remember seeing lowii totally differ, maybe cus tony said, the upper are alot differ than the lower
tounge.gif

Yeah, it takes my computer like 4 minutes to finish downloading.

Back