What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes mollis

Doesn't look like the description of N. mollis in Danser to me.
Furthemore, G. Lumarku is a long way from G. Kemal, which is
where N. mollis was collected by Endert in 1925. See
Nepenthes of Borno, pp107-108, by Dr. Charles Clarke,
for more information about this species.

Personally, the plant labelled as N. mollis in the linked site looks a lot like N. hurrellii, IMO.

Rick Maulder and Bruce Salmon have visited the neps sites on many occasions and are sticklers for detail. Whether they refound N. mollis I would not speculate. Bruce's new book on CP's of New Zealand is an excellent book. I enjoyed my trip to NZ and enjoyed that CP society.

Kim

Hi,

my copy of Nepenths of Borneo is out of reach at the moment, so I wasn't able to check the details again. (I only know, that the describtion was made by Danser without knowing how the pitchers look like)

I did some more resaerch at the internet and the plant looks a bit similar to Nepenthes spec. #2 (Borneo), but this is only speculation.

Martin

btw, I like CPs of New Zealand, too. Excellent information and pictures but only few spezies (not Bruce's fault, of coarse :) )

Back