What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ultra-highlanders

Since the malesiana tropicals website is no longer in existance, does anyone know of a good informative website on highland nepenthes, especially on ultra-highlanders? Thanks!

? The Malesiana website still works, although many of the picture links don't now.

What kind of ultrahighland information are you looking for?
Tony

Did they change their URL?  I couldn't find it, but after some carefull looking, I have it again.  For some reason, the bookmark I used would not take me there.  Thanks for the help.
Which nepenthes in my colection would be considered "ultra-highland" and require a drop into the 50's at night?  Currently, I am getting the temp down between 65-60 at night.

N. stenophylla
N. fusca (kimbulla)
N. densiflora
N. rajah
N. ramispina
N. fusca (crocker range)
N. macrophylla
N. veillardii
N. burbidgeae
N. muluensis
N. tentaculata
N. spathulata
N. spectabilis
N. macfarlanei (genting)
N. spectabilis

Hi:

I am also learning about growing Nepenthes. However, as far as i can tell you, N. rajah, Macrophylla,and perhaps muluensis would grow well in an ultra-highland setting. N. veillardii could become a pain to grow. The reasons why are still to be determined.

Agustin

It's too bad ... all the Google links to Malesiana pages are bad now, and Malesiana was one of the first to show up whenever i did a search. Glad to know it just moved..

PS You can use the "Cached" version of the page when you search with Google. It won't have the pictures, but the information is still there.

For example:
N. pectinata from the Google cache

Back