What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

nepenthes ventricosa

tuyen thi

BANNED
If anybody has a picture of a nepenthes ventricosa , please post it here , I want to compare your to mine , I don't care what type it is and what age it is , i just want some pics .

Are you unhappy with your plant? You seem to compare plants and get dissapointed when you see plants bigger than your own. But if you really want a photo i'll post it tomorrow.

My N.Ventricosa "Red" with the largest pitcher (on the right in the first and in my hand in the 2nd picture) is 5 inches tall.

10254736-0962-01600120-.jpg

10254754-036a-01600120-.jpg

5 inch tall pitcher, 1 1/2 inches wide.

Nep G: Have you measured the pitcher? Would you mind taking a picture with a ruler next to the pitcher? I'm trying to figure out the scale. When I just look at the picture, I think mentally 3". But when I try and estimate it inch-by-inch, I do get about 5". Anyway, I would appreciate it if you wouldn't mind.

Pat

No problem,but it could be a challenge holding the ruler and taking the picture.
smile.gif
I'll get it for ya though, here it is.

10255211-c3ed-01600120-.jpg

Thanks Nep G.

Here are a few of my ventricosas (I have a bunch, I'm a big fan)

ven_1.jpg

This is my PFT ventricosa. Its grown quite a bit since I purchased it.

ven_2.jpg

This is my youngest ventricosa. Its for Tuyen to compare to his plant. (I'm assuming yours is young also). Sorry the pic is blurry, its difficult to get my camera to focus under artificial light/

ven_3.jpg

This is my Ventricosa red. The pitchers have been getting slightly smaller and less colored since the first pitcher, so I am trying to provide it with better conditions.

That's all that I feel like sharing..
smile.gif

Pat

#### it! I wish I had a digital camera. I have to take a piture and then scan it at work. I have 2 pitchers on mine N. ventricosa. Those are some awsome pictures use have. Great Job!

travis

Well this is on another post but here it is again...

My plant is a bit over a year old (since I've had it). It was only about 1" wide when I got it...now it fills a 10" round terrarium. Newer pitchers are about 2+ inches tall.

ventri5-31-02RS.jpg

Suzanne

wow suzanne thats nice@! and all the others too, i am getting pissed at mine cus its producing pitchers like half a inch of less big, i am geting so mad, what conditions do you guys keep em in? on catalanis cpjungle.com he sayd with ventrosica it can be as a low lander but during summer it will refuse to pitcher resembling a sumer dormancy, the temps are like 80-90 in the day, like 80% humidity or abovre always
and at night it gets quite cool, about 70-80 at night

low 70's

i just cant under stand, its in a 6" hanging pot with the wood space woos space, its making leavs but the pitchers are so #### small

ah HA! ive figured it out (thanks for all who helped). Those nepenthes from gubblers are ventrosica! I never knew. Mine that i got from gubblers looks exactly like that! here is is!

nepenthes gubblers 1.gif

nepenthes gubblers 2.gif

also, how much bigger does my nep need to get before it will flower?

(Edited by timbudtwo at 1
wow.gif
5 pm on May 27, 2002)

im not sure on ohw big it needs to get, but i think in a couple years itll flower, dont count on what i say, atleast a year maybe?

OK here's mine I am so jealous of your guys's more mature pitchers but this plant is so healthy that when it gets as big as yours its gonna be just gorgeous!
smile.gif

10263698-68af-014000F0-.jpg
10263699-6084-014000F0-.jpg

UC, that looks so NICE! i should be jealous cus mine dosnt look anything near to that,

well anyone have any ideas why it isnt pitchering?\

Hey trashcan , how long have you had the nepenthes ventricosa that came from PFT . Mine is smaller than yours , Do you have any tips on how to make it grow bigger and faster .

tuyen, try the liquid you used for your rajah, i think that would make it grow faster
smile.gif

other than that i think super thrive
mine wont produce pitchers like that, maybe cus its stil a youngster, but when i got it, it had like 1" tall pitchers, then they died i am guessing from shock in shipping, ever since then it has been small pitchers
sad.gif

hey Suzanne, i showed my mom your picture, she said "Ayyy, que lindo"

which means ohhh my gosh, how pretty!

i told her i have the same type, but its a baby from pft.com, and she said well proly it dosnt look like yours cus its about a year old, and i told her its a year and a half or 2, hehe, she liked alot how you set it up in your round terrarium
smile.gif

My Ventricosa is grown under:

Humidity- always hihg, not sure exactly but i'd say around 80-100% usually.

Temp- Grown as an interremdiate-highlander

Soil- Sphagnum

Feeding- whenver it looks hungry.
smile.gif

Light- Direct sun,part sun.

I got my N. Ventricosa about two months ago from Pft and it seems to be doing well. Its second pitcher is 2 1/4 inches tall:). Mine is in 8-inch container and living in Pure Sphagnum Moss. I have it in a 10 gallon aquarium even checked to see if it had any liquid in the pitcher (used a flashlight). I am shocked :shocked: as it had a little pool for the insects to swim in - now that is high class living for the insects:).

travis

you know the funny thing abot my ventricosa ...Its never been in a terarium its a window sill plant and I use the tray method with it only I let it dry for 2 days before I fill it again. I hardly even mist it maybe once every 2 days.

UKC,

My ventricosa was/is also a windowsill plant (right now it is outside on the patiobecause it REALLY likes Atlanta.)

Tim,

My plant flowered after I had it for 2.5-3 years. It was around 24" across and 18" high at the time.

I love how bomb proof this plant is and now mine is putting up 5 basal shoots so I will have a big ol' pot of ventricosa soon

Back