What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reduce photoperiod during winter?

That pretty much covers my question. If you do how much do you reduce it to and is it the same for all cps that don't need dormancy? Thank you all. Shauntell

Anybody, please oh please? Need to know so I can seperate my plants if need be. Thanks. Shauntell

Well I don't grow under lights. Tropical plants which originate closer to the equator have less of a daylength change between summer and winter. My Nepenthes seem to do ok in my Ghouse with my short winter days. If I had supplimental lighting though to extend the daylength during these short dreary winter days, they would probably grow a whole lot faster.

Personally if your growing plants that don't require a dormancy and your not interested in stimulating flowering, a 14 hour photoperiod all year would give stronger faster growth.
Tony

Thanks. I'll seperate my plants.

Back