What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New york....the ice age state...

PVC is a killer in price! $6 sounds like for 1 pipe of it!
sad.gif
I would like to say I may do that IF my temps don't go higher.

Thanks!

PVC is not that high. It's about 30 cents for 10 ft. I used about 60 ft I think. It only get's expensive if you buy the 4" or 6" pvc. Go to Lowes and price it.

N.G.
Just try the flood light or even a regular light bulb.
You don't have to built the chamber to to get the heat.

SIX BUCKS!
[cursing in background]
[more cursing]
[still cursing]
I was going to save up for one of those fancy Indoor G/H's
i.e. bimini, maui,borneo....500$-1700$
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif

"PVC is not that high. It's about 30 cents for 10 ft. I used about 60 ft I think. It only get's expensive if you buy the 4" or 6" pvc. Go to Lowes and price it. "

My young friend, you are greatly mistaken! Sch. 40, which is what you should be using, is about 2 dollars per 10 feet. I make my living using it, and I could only wish you were right!

If I remember right it was 33 cent's for 10 ft. I used 1/2 inch plumbing pipe. It may not have been sch 40, I got the cheapest pipe they had.
I also make my living running pipe, I'm an electrician. Next time I'm at Lowe's I'll get the exact price for you.

I hate to bring up an old subject but I did promise to let you guys know the price that I paid for the PVC. I've been a little busy so it took me awhile to get to Lowes. The price for 10ft of 1/2" plumbing pvc is 82 cents. My estimate was alittle low but I knew that it wasn't very expensive.

Well this certainly turns the tables around for me! I need to look better next time I'm out to Lowe's. Thanks Ozzy!

When you get ready to build let me know I'll help you out.

you know i dont ike saying this cus probably someone will coment and--- well whatever

all my plants are lowlands, because i live in south florida, i recently went on vaction for the break for 2 weeks

i have a raff outside, since i heard there was rain a couple of times, he was gona be good

i come back home and hear that its been about 60 nights and about low/high 70 days, and really low was about 45 night

the otherp lants i have are in my screen porch, protected ybv rain and stuff

i have a
gracilis, judith finn, ventrosica, raff, ampularia, bicalcarata, mirabilis, truncata

all of those plants. are alive, and healthy looking, i was really happy when i came back that none had died, my frined came by and watered them like i showed you

but since bical needs aboput 90 to grow well, when i came back about 3/4 new leaves had opened from the bical with NICE round pitchers in "cold" (for floridians) climate

they are all growing really well , growth slowed down a little bit, but being outside and in such cold climate, growing well, one of my raffs is like adapted to my climate and i can proly just pot it in the growund and it will live, but im not gona do that--- well jut to say
bye

Back