What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Repotting

Another question. How do you decide when to repot? I have a plant with 12 inch leaves in an 8 inch pot. Should I move to a larger one? What's y'alls advice about repotting?
confused.gif

What plant is it. It matter on the nep it's growing conditions. I wouldn't repot that is a big enough pot for a nep that is a foot accross.
biggrin.gif

It's a Nep Coccinea. It's actually bigger than a foot across, more like 22''.
biggrin.gif

if you bought the plant potted you might want to take the plant out of it and change the soil mix. most of the time they are in peat. shake most of it off but, leave what is around the roots there. then place it in a mix of peat/sand/LMF. it will enjoy the mix alot better.

I repot when I notice that a plant isn't growing as well as it could. Case in point: I have 2 N thorelii plants, one I got from Andreas Wistuba, the other I got from Tony Paroubek. Both plants were the same size originally, but after a couple of months ther one from Tony was getting smaller and smaller. I repotted, discarding the old soil (it got too compact), and now the plant from Andreas is smaller!
rolleyes.gif
I repotted that one now, and I'm hoping that it'll grow better than before.

Jœl

Back