What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes dubia

...btw, how do you like N. dubia?

Sumatra_2002_Talamau_1_025.jpg

Sumatra_2002_Talamau_1_033.jpg

Sumatra_2002_Talamau_1_034.jpg

Bye

Andreas

Very nice photos, Andreas! Thanks for posting them for all to enjoy!

BTW, in what sort of compost did you observe this species growing?

Beautiful photos and incredible plants!!! Just wonderful. I think this is the first photo Ive ever seen of a lower pitcher also, very cool.

Matt

Was it named after the American President?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think this is the first photo Ive ever seen of a lower pitcher also, very cool.
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Well, as far as I know, this was the first time, a pic of a lower N. dubia pitcher was ever published
smile.gif

Bye

Andreas

Very much like an N. inermis. Andreas, do the lids keep out alot of rainwater? It seems like they might not seeing the angle they are at. Also is the pitcher fluid very viscous?

Thanks!
smile.gif

Hey Nep. G, I was going to say the same thing. You took the word out of my mouth.
smile.gif

Yeah the lowers look real similar to inermis. The fluid in inermis is very weird, I was spraying water into a pitcher and it overflowed. The fluid made a full string from where the plant is hanging to the floor of the terrarium (about 3 feet).
Neat!
smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> The fluid made a full string from where the plant is hanging to the floor of the terrarium (about 3 feet).
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

You mean like that string that hangs from a toddler's mouth when they have a tantrum?

Sorry.
wow.gif
biggrin.gif

Back