What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Growing my new nep on a windowsill.

I just bought (because I'm out of control) a N. hirsuta x veitchi, of a pretty good size. Since it won't quite fit under my grow light, I'm trying it in a windowsill with some simple supplemental light. It's in a little rough shape but should be fine. When I went to the OSH to get the lamp and one of those new fluorescent bulbs, I noticed they had a brand new tray of "pitcher plants" that look obviously like N. ventricosas. Oh well, six bucks later it's in there too:

N.%20hirsuta%20x%20veitchi2.JPG

Capslock

Hey Capslock:

Join the club!!. I am out of control too!!. I am getting some new neps too!!. I'll show them to you all when they arrive!!

Gus

Yeah, yeah....me too.
tounge.gif

Just ordered me a venticosa x truncata (or was it truncata x ventricosa? man, I'm bad).

That's going straight on the plant shelf when it gets here. I'm betting on it being tollerant of lower humidity than is typical for neps, just based on its parentage.

schloaty- if ya got it from good ol' tony then its prolly truncata x ventricosa (red), atleast thats what i got from him hehe.  i enjoy mine very much and hope you will as well!!!
xdouglasx

check it out here are some pics
my N. truncata x ventricosa

death66,

Yeah, I got mine as the red one too. Grows great outside in the open. Nice almost 4" pitchers right now. It's even been tolerant of it's medium on the dry side.

That's one nice nep I tell ya.
smile.gif
Nice pics of your pitchers. The newest one that just opened on mine is getting some really nice angles and definition on the peristome. I'll try to get a pic for you guys one day.

Death666,
  Yeah, Tony's the culprit!
smile.gif
 Really excited to get this plant....
rolleyes.gif

Back