What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another giant n.--------------ventrincosa pitcher!

Try using the Paint program that comes with windows if you don't have any photo editing software. It is capable of opening jpg files. Once you do that you can simply go to Image stretch/skew and reduce it in size. Then resave it and upload.
Tony

ROFL

Yes, I would like a minute by minute accounting of your day, every day for the next month!

lol no seriuosly thanks for the info just discovered my humidity is a little low (have my plants outside in gazebo) probably due to the lite breeze we are having today. Going to have to do something about that.

im getting a Ventricosa real soon
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
i cant wait!!!!
biggrin.gif
It will be in a 10 gal. terrarium for now, or intill it outgrows it. Im going to put it in a peat, perlite, and charcoal ratio 1:1:1. I will have 2 lights on for its light (they are bright grow lights)
Then ill have a humidifier in a corner. Any comments questions, or help are welcome, thanks,
Kevin

I doubt that you could fit a humidifier into a ten gallon tank. You could just get one anyway, and run it in the same room as the terrarium. I sugdest getting a larger model, so you can adjust it from 30 to 55 percent humidity. Works great for me.

That one will work with a ten gallon terrarium
smile.gif

I was meaning to start a topic about humidifiers but here it is . the ones from pft are 1 foot tall and the sides are all 4 inches . I brought mines from petco a while ago because it was on sale . i"ve used it so far and i was hoping to see a fog in the tank but does'nt look like it changed anything . You don't have to put the humidifier in the tank because they give you a tube that connects to the terrarium . I'd have to say either I am not using this ok or its crappy not to mention that you have to buy an air pump and the powerful the air pump , the more humidity , hey thats probably the problem .

goldtrap, i think he was talking about getting a vicks ultrasonic humidifier from walmart or something like that. they really do put out alot of humidity. some times it actually looks like it is raining due to the high humidity.

Spec73, If you want a small, simple to use photo editor, you can download for free for personal use (non comercial), a program called Irfanview. You can download it from www.tucows.com or www.download.com or one of the other ftp sites, or just type it's name in the search field of you favorite search engine. You can rotate, resize/resample, edit colors and brightness and then save changes as another file-name to get the results that you want. I have been using it for over a year with no problems.
I have no affiliation with whomever wrote the program, but it sure works great when you want to quickly edit a photo.
My two cent worth. (I think that's two dollars nowdays).

Actualy, I was refering more to the Holmes cool mist, and warm mist humidifiers. Those work great around the house, and can get the humidity up to 100%! The cool mist works with a fan, and the warm mist just sends up clouds of warm/hot water vapor. The smaller ones can iether be set to run constantly at a low or high speed, making monitoring manditory, as you don't want the humidity to reach 100% in your house, and damage it. Larger models can be set from about 35, 40, 45, 50, 55% humidity, and turn off once the desired humidity is obtained. Got to love them
smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tony Paroubek @ Dec. 04 2002,07:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Try using the Paint program that comes with windows if you don't have any photo editing software.  It is capable of opening jpg files.  Once you do that you can simply go to Image stretch/skew and reduce it in size.  Then resave it and upload.
Tony[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Hi
yes, it takes ages to download the pictures at their current size, smaller pics would be apreciated. I usually get fed up waiting for pics to download change to another topic!! wish I had broadband.
biggrin.gif

Guys try IrfanView!  For a free program, it's packed with a lot of good stuff.  Besides the features that allandallas mentioned you can also use it to do a slide show of your pics and view a thumbnail of the pics in a folder.   Imagine a slideshow of all your Neps that you can change anytime.  Like alandallas, I've been using it for quite a while (~2yrs?) and I think it's a great program, especially for the price
wink.gif

smile.gif

Congrats!... I'm getting an itch to go viset the Neps at the local Gardens again, lol.

Nice plant, my ventricosa has pitchers almost an inch tall now...
confused.gif
  Well at least they have nice color already.

As for humidifiers, I've stopped using them, with a lid on my terrarium and the grow chamber also being sealed just watering the plant keeps the humidity very high and saturated at night. Not bad considering I live in a dry dessert.
My point being sometimes you just need to put a lid on it

joe
tounge.gif

Joe, my ventricosa pitchers are also about an inch. Maybe we'll be there someday!

Back