What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes seeds!

Do Nepenthes seeds need to be germintated and if they do how long? I have some N.Alata x ? how long would it take to sprout or to see anything?
biggrin.gif

"Edit By Mod"

philtrapper,
the one you mentioned i haven't had to pleasure to try to germinate but, some seeds do take some time to germinate. i recieced some seeds from the icps and it took the seeds 4 months to show any signs of growth.
keep the potting mix wet at all times and shaded sun light or full fixture light and forget about them and they will germinated sooner or later.
some seeds are known to take a year to germinate.

actually you should plant them right away Nepenthes seeds have a very shore period of time to start germination. the longer you wait the less chances you will have for germination.

i just place them in a plastic bowl with long fiber moss and keep the moss wet at all times and cover the bowl w/ platic wrap.

other i have heard to use peat moss and cover the seeds with wash sand 1/8" and have good germination rate

Good luck

Phil trapper, may I ask where you got your seeds from?
smile.gif

Yes I got the seeds from Shawns cp's for only 3.00 dollars for about 10 seeds. He has other kind of seeds as well.

Back