What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"rust spot" fungus

Kate

Far too old to grow up now.
Just wondering how this fungus is spread from one plant to another. Is it airborne, or does it require a host? Would contact of an infected leaf with the soil of another plant cause infection?

Sorry for the stream of questions.
smile.gif

I think a couple of my plants may have this if it is rust colored spots and/or welts on the leaves.

My questions is, how is it cured? I want to get rid of the stuff!

Glenn

Cureing is easy, I have found 3336 Cleary works wonderfully.

This is going to sound really weird but I am trying to intentionally infect a plant. I want to make sure that without a doubt the plant has come in contact with the disease.

Do these spots look like "burns"? My N.Tobaica has some "burn" spots on them...

they are usually "rust coloured" with a lighter almost yellowish edge.

hi all:

When we say "rust spots": are these tiny and round or blotches??. For the blotches, yes, they are most likely fungus for the round tiny ones: Well, I have a plant with these and they have not spread or killed the plant: I don't really know what these are. Possibly excess light.

For rust spots, try a systemic fungicide. I'd try a spot first to make sure your plant can tolerate it. Don't spray it all over the plant until you are sure that this agent is safe for your plant!!.

Agustin

Back