What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N.ventircosa  questions

My N. ventericosa lids are not open a lot. Can this plant be grown highland and lowland or only one of the choices. Please help meout I got 3 of these plants and I can't figure out the problem.
sad.gif
Thank you to anyone who answers.

*Spell Check**
smile.gif

If your N. Ventricosa pitchers aren't opening it's probably due to low humidity. Although, it could also be root rot but that's unlikely, because it seems to be effecting all three of your plants. From my experiance N. Ventricosa grows well as a highland or lowland. But grows slower under the latter conditions.
Try this.
(1) raise the humidity
(2) check the roots
(3) wait

Mike
smile.gif

Thanks, MY humidity is 80% repotted the plant and saw the roots were great, and waited. This is only happening to one of my plants, not all three lol. Thanks for the information/ The lids are open its just there not as open as the ones on a N.ventrata, thats what I am consirened about. But thanks anyways and do you think you mite know what the problem is just write please. Thank you
biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Phil traper2 @ Feb. 13 2003,11:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thanks, MY humidity is 80% repotted the plant and saw the roots were great, and waited. This is only happening to one of my plants, not all three lol. Thanks for the information/ The lids are open its just there not as open as the ones on a N.ventrata, thats what I am consirened about. But thanks anyways and do you think you mite know what the problem is just write please. Thank you
biggrin.gif
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
My experence has shown that the age of the plant and each piture can greatly affect how open the lid is. Also, their are two types of piture that they make so that could also be something to consider

I belive Darcie is referring to polymorphic (baby pitchers) and mature pitchers are the major differences. polymorphic pitchers have a very tiny lid that will not open a whole lot greatly depending on the species. If your N. ventricosa is a large plant (6 inches diameter and larger) it should have mature pitchers or nearing it. polymorphic pitchers are usually produced when the palnt is quite young., but they can be produced if something environmentally has happened. I'd say just wait on it.

Thanks I think it is just trying to ocme out of shipping shock. Thak you a lot averyone.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
smile.gif

Back