What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mutated nep?

is this normal i just got it tonight like 10 minutes ago .

i will post pics in the morning.

also the leaves are serated ( jaged) like a fern .!!!! quite odd if you ask me ........

could it be from tap water or low light .

also the growth point is verry strange , the leav's have not even unfurled yet and they are growing out ....

i know no one can help me now but ,still when i post pix
then some1 will know what i should do for the pore thing
sad.gif

can you describe it for us? the leaves sound cool.

Tap water can have some very strange effects on the growth of a Nep. This sounds pretty extreme....what the heck is in your water?!? lol. I hope YOU don't drink it. Ya, if you get us a pic up we can help alot more, for now though, I can say it would be a really good idea to flush the soil with pure water and do whatever you can to help it start getting more light, just do it slowly, you don't want to fry it. A little more each day. Also, ummm, what kind of Nep are we talking here? If you don't know then a pic I'm affraid is a must so we don't steer you wrong. Good luck. Hope you can get us a pic soon.
confused.gif

Can you post a Pic already. You said you will 2 nighs ago. I want to help you
confused.gif
wink.gif

sorry i did'nt get around to posting the pix , i've been in bed with the flue . it kinnda took me by suprise one day i was fine the next i could'nt get out of bed.

pluss i am haveing trouble with my webcam .
i'll be working on finding out how to get my webcam working today.

I am having trouble visualizing this, but is the plant a N. maxima? The Sulawasi varieties(some) have wavy leaves like a flamberge sword.

Regards,

Joe

I wanna see this, it could be big news!!
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
alien.gif

Back