What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Size

• Thread starter Guest
  • Start date
G

How large can a Nepenthesx Judith Finn get? How long does it take to reach maximum size? Anyone have pictures?

Does anybody have an idea!

I have a judith finn, but it is a really slow grower. I have yet to see a pitcher exceed 2 inches. It is probably the conditions I have it in...

any how, I hesitate to say how big it will get as I have no experience.. but I would guess around 6 inches or more for an adult specimen. You should just get one. They are pretty plants, even their juvenile pitchers are gorgeous.

Given that it's parents are spathulata and vetchii I would guess it would get quite large, 10-12" pitcher when mature, maybe more.

Yeah, I have four, and they are pretty slow. One has two inch pitchers, and they grow in a terrarium that gets pretty warm during the day and cooler at night. I heard Spathulata can mature in 2-3 years, but I dont know about Veittchi.

Depends on your deffinition of mature. IE mature as in can flower or mature as in forming mature looking pitchers. Veitchii for me is pretty slow at gaining in size. x Judith Finn will get quite large eventually.
Tony

same conditions as the rest of my tank... near 100% humidity, nightly mistings, lightly packed soil... generally it's in lowlands to intermediate conditions...

Do you think it might grow faster in intermediate to highland conditions?

Hmm.... maby it needs more of a semi-highland setup. If it is in those conditions and real slow maby it needs to be adjusted but if you can't do that/ don't want to. Then I'd leave it if it is healthy and growing.

It's got pretty much all I can provide it right now... I am gonna leave it.. maybe when I get my highlands or ultra highlands setup at work going I will take care of it there.

N. veitchii is quite slow and the clone from Bareo I grew produced a new leaf and pitcher about every two months. The plant will need one to two years out of TC to produce its first typical veitchii pitcher with a broad peristome. After four to five years it has an diameter of half an meter and enters climbing - then it starts looking for a tree to climb which I hadn't in my terrarium...

Twice as long as Spathulata, so it must take Judith Finn 4.5 years to mature( I'm guessing).

I have had N. spathulata x veitchii Judith Finn get pitchers to 14 inches. It takes awhile for the plant to get large, but it is well worth the wait. It isn't a rapid climber either and flowers while the plant is still quite short. Pics can be seen at my website. Happy Growing all.

Kim

Back