What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hybrids

If you could create any hybrid in the world what would it be?
Mine would be all the very big ones and the ones with large peristomes combined

My dream hybrid would probably N. densiflora x N. x Dyeriana, among many others.

N. densiflora-]
nep-den1.jpg

N. x Dyeriana-
Ndyeriana.jpg

I'm not a huge fan of hybrids (too many end up looking "the same") with generic shapes and colors but I would like to experiment with a cross of N. hamata and N. macrophylla or actually N. hamata and N. edwardsiana, members of the clawed peristome gang!

Basically I think N. edwardsiana is the picture perfect "prehistoric" carnivorous plant with the few but large teeth plates on the peristome and enrormous sized pitchers but to give it the black patterning and hairs of hamata might make it completely maniacal!
biggrin.gif

But til my plants flower (and I find out if they're male or female) it's only a pipe dream (the hamata x macrophylla hybrid) and I still haven't located the true edwardsiana only edwardsiana ssp. macrophylla which is just macrophylla as far as I know.

Hmmmmm.
I'm thinkin' that Bicalcarata x (xCincta) would look really cool!
x Cincta (I hope I'm spelling that correctly) is Northiana x Albomarginata (again, I hope I'm spelling these right)

Back