What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flowering size of common species

Under ideal conditions, at what size would the following species flower? (height? leaf size?)

1. N. Mirabilis
2. N. Ampullaria
3. N. Thorelli
4. N. Rafflesiana
5. N. Ventricosa

I have a couple of these species/hybrids of these species, and I just need to know at what size they flower. ALL replies welcome.

Thanks,
Mike
smile.gif

I've been wondering that too ,i have n. rafflesiana , ventricosa and gracilis and i was wondering when will they be flowering size .( i got them from pft )

All of my plants are small exept for one large
N. x 'Effulgent Koto'. Even that one is small compared to many other people's plants.( It's 1 1/2' tall )
sad.gif

That's a fine sized plant. You can see one of my very large Nepenthes in my profile.

Just about 8 inches tall, that pic was a while ago and the pitcher is fairly new seeing the red peristome, which will be darker as it ages to a mature hardened pitcher. The peristome is fully expanded and the neck has straightened up alot. SO if you think you have a tiny pitcher wait a while for it to fully mature and harden off then measure it!
smile.gif

Back