What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ampularia keeps getting bigger.

• Thread starter Capslock
  • Start date
How big will they get? I was bored, so I thought I'd take a pic of my N. ampularia again. My latest N. ampularia pitcher is 3 1/2 inches long, not including the lid. Check it out:

N.%20ampularia%2012.JPG

Capslock

Do you really have the amp growing next to the Heliamphora? If so, they both llok pretty good.

Regards,

Joe

Joe,

Yeah, they live together in a little glass-topped terrarium. I took the top off for the photo. The terrarium itself is on a shelf under a growlight, where I have a bunch of neps growing in the open air. The temperatures would qualify as intermediate. I put the amp in the terrarium just to give it a little extra humidity. Same for the Heliamphora, which seems to like it in there, too.

Capslock

WOW!! are you sure that isn't a giant form, caps?!
wow.gif

Hey Spec,

I'm not aware of it being so. I bought it while visiting Peter D'Amatos place in May, labeled as just a N. ampularia (speckled). Since then, every pitcher has been bigger than the last.

Capslock

My porch plants (ventrata, Miranda, Coccinea) just kicked out their biggest pitchers by far. The ventrata so love the larger pots I moved them into they are trying to climb out onto the pergola. The vertical growth since I got them has been astounding. I'm a NOOB. Just use the internet and read the instructions kids.

As for those pitchers. Very nice. I just received a much smaller amp. I did not know that they got that large, frankly. See above, "NOOB."

I did just receive my copy of "The Savage Garden" though. Thanks to the 47,000 people who recommended it on this and every message board in the world.

biggrin.gif

Back