What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. x 'effulgent koto'

I recieved a cutting of N. x 'Effulgent Koto' about a month ago off of ebay. It is under lowland conditions and has just produced it's first pitcher. But the pitcher has an amp's peristome. If N. x 'Effulgent Koto' is a cross between
N. Mirabilis and N. Thorelli then how is this possible? I bought it from a reputable nursery. Do you think the plant was mislabled or is this a trait of N. x 'Effulgent Koto' that I was not aware of?

EDIT: I'll try to post a pic tonight.

This is an N. x 'Effulgent Koto' from exotica plants

h25.jpg

I was comparing the features of my strange Effulgent Koto to another true Effulgent Koto that I just recieved and I noticed that the leaves are much more rounded on my strange Effulgent Koto. The pitchers are also much thinner on my true Effulgent Koto.

Sounds like it is mis-labeled. Maybe it is N.x hookeriana?

Thanks Nep G. Look's like your right. My plant's pitcher look's exactly like this. Except mine is more colorful.
biggrin.gif

Looks similar to that photo...is the peristome fully expanded??

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is the peristome fully expanded?? [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

I my pic, yes. In the second pic, no.

I contacted the vendor yesterday. He says he checked and found that the plants he had recieved labeled as
N. x'Effulgent Koto' were some other hybrid involving N. Rafflesiana. Although, he couldn't yet tell whether the hybrid was N. x'Hookeriana'.

Back