What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Obtaining N. Bicalcarta

• Thread starter Cheman
  • Start date
Does anyone know of a good nursery that has the N. Bicalcarta species in stock.  I was also wondering about any nurseries that have a large healthy selection of Neps., as well as reasonable prices.  Thank you for your time.

try at Dean Cook nursery
www.flytraps.com
I had got some very good ones large size Nepenthes from him.
not sure he had N. Bicalcarta at the moment but you can find many others.
arie

(Edited by arie at 3:32 am on April 29, 2002)

Would it be possible to get a policy statement from Phil and Jeff on when it is ok to mention other web sites that carry CPs. As the person who built and maintains alot of the sites that are showing up in the posts I have been real careful Not to mention them unless they are overseas, but if they are carrying plants that are not available at PFT (yet) it seems to be ok. If no nursery that carries VFTs can be mentioned it will pretty much shut down all posts to websites that do any sales.
Any clarification would be appreciated..

Cheers,

Hey Pete,

There is a psudo-policy statment on about page 15 of the General discussion.

Pyro

Pyro

Thank you! I will read it over.

Cheers

Did you ever get my e-mail to you and do you still have the nursery?

Ok guys ( and gals if there are any in this discussion ).

This is what we ask that you.

We ask that if you are a commercial nursery, you do not promote your own stuff without contacting PFT first.

If you grow these plants for fun, and just want to reference someone else's site for information and plants, cool.

So basically, no commercial posts from commercial people ( without consent
smile.gif
)

Arie, you are fine, this isn't GW or any other place where you cannot mention things for fear of banning.

Cheman, if you are looking for a N. bical I would love to recommend Tony <a href="http://www.exoticplantsplus.com

His" target="_blank">http://www.exoticplantsplus.com

His</a> prices are good and he has a wide selection of Nepenthes to offer.

Having 'bad nights' doesn't justify not being nice.

I ask that we all remember why we are all here and we should try to get along as best as possible.

If there is a problem with something, please bring it up to my attention ( or Phil's or Ram's ) and we will take care of it.

Trying to handle it on your own isn't the way.

Thank you Jeff

Pyro

Wow Thanks for the plug Jaie!

I do have bicalcarata in red and orange/yellow forms but they are not sufficiently established from their international flight yet.
Tony

lol, and the clarification on the rule kicks. THanks, Tony's a great guy, good communication!

Tony is a great guy!! I agree.

You are welcome for the Plug
smile.gif

I have referenced your store to others as well looking for Nepenthes. And I will continue to do so. :cheesy:

I bought a bical... should arrive next week!! Woohoo! :biggrin:

At PFT? I can't find one anywhere!

Just bought a bical.... and a Nepenthes tobaica purple

!!!!! yay!!! should arrive next week too
smile.gif
i cant wait

cheman, petflytrap does not yet offer the bical. sorry, maybe in the future.

Got my bical today. It definitely had a rough journey. I decided now would be a good time to transplant since it just went throughsuch a tough trip and it's probably in some shock already. I put it in a pot with mostly LFS and the plan is to keep it wet. I also gave it a good dose of ST. It actually has a tiny pitcher with fangs.

What is LFS and SF?

LFS = Long Fibered Sphagnum

ST = SuperThrive

My bicalcarata has one tiny pitcher with undeveloped fangs, but the next one looks to be something big.
smile.gif

Joel

Do you apply the ST as a foliar spray or as a root fertilizer. What mixture do you use?

I used 1 drop in a gallon of water. Poured it over the entire plant. I also dipped the roots in it before repotting.

Back