What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes the GREAT picture thread!

N. robcantleyii x hamata

N. veitchii x burbidgeae

N. glabrata x aristolochioides

Wow I really like that veitchii x burbi!

Agreed, the peristome is gorgeous!

N. rigidifolia, Malesiana clone:
rigidifolia2.jpg

N. veitchii x burbidgeae darkening up

N. rafflesiana x x trusmadiensis

This came to me as N. burbidgea a couple years ago (from seed), but it has got to be an introgressed fusca/burbidgea hybrid. Disappointing, but quite pretty just the same.
img_8733-0.jpg

Wow, that's really cool. Definitely harder to find than the pure species. I briefly owned a fusca x burb and the leaves were pretty apparent looking back. Do you have a photo of those?

This came to me as N. burbidgea a couple years ago (from seed), but it has got to be an introgressed fusca/burbidgea hybrid. Disappointing, but quite pretty just the same.
img_8733-0.jpg

I honestly really like the look of that one.

Wow, that's really cool. Definitely harder to find than the pure species. I briefly owned a fusca x burb and the leaves were pretty apparent looking back. Do you have a photo of those?

Since im not sure what to look for as regards burbidgea foliage, I don't know what the species leaves are supposed to look like. I'll get you a photo - see what you think. Johnny thinks this is more like 2/3 fusca or something. Who knows?!

I honestly really like the look of that one.

Dont get me wrong, I do too! I think it's very striking, and as it's not a man-made hybrid, I'm far more inclined to keep it anyway. (Naturally-occurring hybrids have more intrinsic value to me)

Dont get me wrong, I do too! I think it's very striking, and as it's not a man-made hybrid, I'm far more inclined to keep it anyway. (Naturally-occurring hybrids have more intrinsic value to me)

Same here! It captures that moment where nature is trying new things out.

That's a great nep Paul , I love natural hybrids personally , took a few pics of my n.burbidgea , don't know if they are of use to you mine has quite red leaves compared to some

That's a great nep Paul , I love natural hybrids personally , took a few pics of my n.burbidgea , don't know if they are of use to you. mine has quite red leaves compared to some

Thanks for those photos, very useful, in fact. My hybrid has foliage that is much more fusca-like. I still need to get a photo to compare.

The leaves of burbidgeae can differ a bit. I have a few different plants and only a couple are similar to the extent of being able to identify the plant by the leaves alone. What I noticed about the fusca x burbidgeae, however, was that the plant itself was much more glabrous than any of the burbidgeae and the petioles tended to to remain open and almost flat (can't think of the correct term off the top of my head). They were definitely more fusca-like. That being said, I can see a lot of burb in that pitcher. Just a guess, but I wouldn't be surprised if the pitchers become rounder as the plant grows, as burbidgeae seems to have several stages of "lowers" in that regard.

And hey, if you want the real thing, I'd be happy to switch it out for you. ;)

Nepenthes macrophylla, BE clone:
img_8849.jpg

Back