What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes the GREAT picture thread!

Here is were you can post your pics of your neps and see others to expand your growlist. Please put species: EX: (n.truncata)

thanks

Nepenthes maxima pitcher (I fed this one a mouse head&#33
wink.gif
:
Nepenthes%20Maxima.jpg

Nepenthes ventrincosa pitcher:
image89.jpg

nepenthes rajah:
Nepenthes_rajah.jpg

more pics soon

I'm still new at all these forum pages so please forgive me.
You can see a few of my nepenthes at the link below. Not as large or as impressive as all of yours yet. The N. bicalcarata pitcher is only about 4 or 5 cm tall!!
You can see a few shots of my balcony and a few nepenthes plants at :    http://community.webshots.com/user/neilsingapore

Hot dog!! Another excuse to share pics of some of my babies! ;)

N. alata 'spotted' (a highland form)

This species is very easy, as you can see from this specimen going nuts on my windowsill.  Someone quipped to me before that it should be called "alota", and i'm beginning to see why - very easy, very beautiful, ... and very fast growing.

That new leaf is 50% larger than the last... help!
20030531-CP-N.alata%20'spotted'-windowsill.jpg

A nice view of a new pitcher (the lighter colored one), and an old pitcher (the one with the withered top), as well as one right in between.
20030531-CP-N.alata%20'spotted'%20&%20D.muscipula.jpg

N. ventricosa 'red'

Another beautiful species, which is a little less weed-like on my windowsill.
20030412-CP-N.ventricosa%20'red'-%20maturing%20pitchers.jpg

N. xCantleyi (gracilis x bicalcarata), a naturally-occuring hybrid

An older pic:
20030402-CP-N.xCantley-%20basal%20rosettes.jpg

A new pic:
20031029-CP-N.x%20cantleyi.jpg

This thing grows like crazy.  I already pruned it twice for cuttings (each of these photos was taken before the pruning), and the basal rosettes make a very nice clump of pitchers.  Unfortunately doesn't inherit the cool 'fanged' pitchers of the bical, but an easy plant.  Grows in my terrarium.

EDIT

N. hamata

The most expensive plant in my collection: N. hamata

I can't say it's a good beginner plant - it's too expensive and too fragile:
20030604-CP-N.hamata.jpg

But isn't that wicked cool looking? That was when i first got it, looking great, from Tony. Unfortunately, it took a dive right away, and lost all its pitchers. Now, five months later, it is finally looking pretty fierce again:

20031028-CP-N.hamata-young.jpg

N. bicalcarata

Bicalcarata is the famous 'fanged' Nepenthes, and i've found it very easy to grow.  Just put it in a very humid terrarium and make sure it doesn't get direct sunlight or too cold.  Mine sits on my windowsill under another terrarium, and probably got to around 60F - a bit colder than it should have - a few times last winter, but with no apparent problems.

If you treat it right, it will grow into a monster very quickly.  Just check out the progression in size of the pitchers:
20030604-CP-N.bicalcarata-progression%20of%20pitcher%20size.jpg

N. ampullaria 'spotted'

Okay, he's looking pretty sad right now - just a cutting i bought at the last NECPS meeting.
20030604-CP-N.ampullaria%20'spotted'-%20cutting.jpg

Coming soon... gracilis, rafflesiana, and perhaps stenophlla seedlings in a month or two!

Hi, so many beautiful nepenthes.
Thanks also for all the comments about the N. bicalcarata I posted. Small yet cute,... just goes to show, sometimes size DOESN'T matter!
For those interested to see more photos, I've just added 4 more species (albomarginata, gracilis, hirsuta and truncata) and a few unknowns/hybrids. All my photos were taken within the last 2 months (when I bought my digital camera).
You can see a few shots of my balcony and a few nepenthes plants at :    http://community.webshots.com/user/neilsingapore
Thanks and happy growing everyone, Neil.

Like NeilSingapore I'm also new in the forum.
You can see a few of my 30 nepenthes at the link below.
You can see a few shots of my 21st floor balcony garden with a few nepenthes plants and other CPs at : http://community.webshots.com/user/jalankayu
Hi Neil, joined webshot after you ask for pics, thanks.

Women grow Nepenthes?? GASP

Look nice.  Somewhat odd shaped N. bicalcarata.  I am guessing because it is fairly small yet it hasn't gotten the typical tubby shape yet.

I will add to the stack!
N. lowii lower pitcher
NlowiiBETrusmadiCR.jpg

I'm usually a 'species snob', but this is one hybrid that i had to have.

20040410-CP-N.thorelii%20x%20aristolochioides-17%20pitchers.jpg

I'm sure swords is familiar with it... his photos prompted me to get my own.
N. thorelii x aristolochioides with 17 pitchers
20040410-CP-N.thorelii%20x%20aristolochioides-big%20pitcher.jpg

It seems to have the thorelii trait of holding the pitchers a long time, and a lot of the aristo coolness of pitcher form.  And definitely hybrid vigor.

I've just put it outside to see how it does... it was too big for the highland terrarium.  I only have room for plants in there, not bushes.
wink.gif

BCK:  I'll trade you.... not! 
biggrin.gif

Here's one that Dave S showed off at the last NECPS meeting:

20040508-CP-N.rajah-baby%20with%20offshoots-2.jpg

20040508-CP-N.rajah-baby%20with%20offshoots.jpg

I think he needs to buy his rajah some SPF50, but it's apparently growing well.

And here's a truly large N. truncata:
20040508-CP-N.truncata.jpg

20040508-CP-N.truncata-pitcher.jpg

And a nifty hybrid:
20040508-CP-N.burbidgea%20x%20edwardsiana.jpg

N. burbidgea x edwardsiana

And finally, a N. pilosa
20040508-CP-N.pilosa.jpg

My N. ventrata just after being received from petflytrap.com and repotted...

ventrata.jpg

Here's my Nepenthes (my first one)
biggrin.gif
I think its a ventricosa but the tag on it said ventricosum. I assume its the same thing though.

neps.jpg

Hello

Trent,

I think your "N. ‘not sure’" is a N. x rokko x (thorelli x Coccinea) here is a photo of my plant, sorry it is not the greatest photo I should have cleaned up the plant before I took it but oh well.
http://www.geocities.com/colorad....ge.html

Let me know what you think.

thanks
-Jeremiah-

nep1.JPG

nep2.JPG

Just a couple of snapshots of my Nep. (Egor). I don't know the type, so if anyone could help me out here, I would appreciate your input. The only info. on the label was just the word "Nepenthes".

Jeremiah,
It sure IS the same... Thanks! We've been trying to id that cute plant for years. So glad you recognized it. Now I'm going to write out a label...
Thanks again,
Trent and Michelle

Hey guys,
got a few pics to share. The macrophylla is very interesting. It appears to be quite variable in color an shape. The last one is a beauty!

This fusca Sarawak suprised me. Starting to look pretty cool!
fusca-sarawak-post.jpg

A couple hamata uppers. They seem to develop in bunches.
hamata-upper.jpg

And several macrophylla
macrophylla1.jpg

I dont know if this guy is going to continue with this pink flush...but I sure hope so!
macrophylla-4.jpg

This one is my fav! It's gonna be a brute when it get's older!
macrophylla3.jpg

hope ya like em' ;)
Robin

nice plants fc3srx713b. Great truncata! looks like thet are getting plenty of light ;) Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Julian,
patient with the fusca. mine just recently started producing red ones. They used to be more green. so keep your eye on it. ;)
fuca-before.jpg
fusca-sarawak-post.jpg

Don't worry your macrophylla will grow quick. The one in the first pick is not much older than 3 years.

I really like hamata uppers too. The first time I saw a pic of a hamata upper I was doomed, and my fate sealed lol! I'm not sure how old that hamata is, as I got it as a large plant from Tony. But I'm gonna guestimate and say you could go from a 2cm plant to having uppers in about 4 or 5 years.
Robin
smile.gif

Oops sorry, the original post was 2 pages ago. Those are pictures of fusca sarawak. Same plant. 1st pic is about a year ago. Second pic is current. Now the plant is putting off nice mature red pitchers. I did not expect the red. I may end up keeping this guy..lol

NIce sp2. Don't see too many of those around.

Oh, and just in case you missed it ;);)
my most prized mac from Tony
macrophylla3.jpg

Robin  
smile.gif

Jus a few pics:
N. mira
c70915b5.jpg

N. hamata (duh!)
b31ff1cf.jpg

N. macrophylla
7dfdccd8.jpg

N. spathulata
3.jpg

N. talangensis
2.jpg

N. tomomi x tiveyi
1.jpg

N. thorelii x trusmadiensis  (very young, but color isn't bad)
ac846d07.jpg

All for now
KPG

Happy Halloween from Mr_Aga!
I post my pic in this forum also with my carnivorous plants!
Enjoy! Happy Haunting!  ;)

Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY

halloween05ea.jpg

halloween05ec.jpg

halloween05eb.jpg

Back