What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Growing Space!

Well, I assume many of us know the feeling of running out of plant room, and I don't know how many more neps I can take!!!
wow.gif
sad.gif
It's just because my terrarium has 3 neps and 11 sundews, and my only good windowsill is too small... A warm or hothouse are impractical for me and my lowlanders, because to heat in the winter would be about $3.50 a day!! it gets down to the mid 30's...
confused.gif
wink.gif
I know about the wonder of grow lights, but how can I keep humidity high? My room is like 40%-50% humidity...
confused.gif

thanks!
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

Amen to that.
wink.gif
I am on the limits of how many Cps I can have now. The air in my home is way to dry and only have a 10 gallon tank. I suppose I could trade some sundews for others but I am happy as of now.

travis
smile.gif

Sounds like it's tiem for you two to construct a grow chamber!
smile.gif
Here's a quick pic of mine.
smile.gif

11886063-6130-01600120-.jpg

For increasing the humidity inside of your room, I would buy one of those cool mist humidifiers. They only cost around $30 - $40 so it's not too expensive. Other than that, I think you'll have to buy another terrarium, or make an outdoor greenhouse. I think the greenhouse/bog/terriarium forum has a lot of advice for this.

Jœl

A grow chainber? Interesting... Does it require extra lighting, if so, how much?...
confused.gif

My grow chmaber is in a south window and I have only temporary lights on it. Only 2 1 ft tubes. It equals nothing the plants could live off of but I have them on during the day to increase the ehat and extra light then at night when the sun isn't out they go off a little early. SO the plants get all the light mostly in the day and not into the nite. But I am going to have the greenhouse up which I HOPEFULLY pray to be successful and efficent.

You know if you watched the Home Garden TV on CP's you can just rip the Cp's right out and put them in a small containers. Don't do this...I am kidding
tounge.gif

wink.gif

travis
That is a sweet set up Nep. G.

Maybe you should buy some more terrariums and grow lights
confused.gif
. Ten gallon aquariums are usualy pretty cheap( ten dollars at Wall Mart). About the garden show, that was a pretty bad tip, but the rest of the show was neat. Did you see that huge alata
wow.gif
?! The biggest I've ever seen.

Back