What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dont eat me

hello

i am getting indoor greenhouse in my room and i want a nepenthes that will not get big enough to eat the dog and is not a highland and hopefully one that i can leave uncovered in the indoor green house. It can look awsome too!!!!!

anson nesbitt

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

You should get a small nepenthes from Lowes. They're small cool looking and easy to care for. I'm not sure what kind they are, probably a hybrid. If they don't work out you're not out alot of money. They are a very good beginner plant too.

Are you talking about a terrarium, or a grow chamber? How big is the max?

There are a lot of very nice Nepenthes plant that you can get for a lowland terrarium or indoor greenhouse. My first pick would be N gracilis or N alata since they grow fairly fast and are very adaptable. N thorelii is another good choice, since it's a little less common than the above 2 and is just as easy to take care of. Once the plants outgrow the terrarium, you could take cuttings and trade them for other plants.  Avoid the really big lowland neps though (like N bicalcarata and N rafflesiana) since you'll find that they'll quickly outgrow your terrarium.

Jœl

Back