What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some pics...

• Thread starter Dyflam
  • Start date
I spent a couple hours there and brought home some new babies.
smile.gif

Pics

Sweet Pics. Can you tell us what species/hybrids those are, or are you going to make us guess?
tounge.gif

I'd be guessing myself... I'm just the photographer.
confused.gif

Nice pics - great photography - I especially like the coloration on the raff and maxima.

Why don't you make it into a contest where nobody knows the real answers.
biggrin.gif

Super!!
smile.gif
I also visited my bud's greenhouse, this pic was my favorite.
smile.gif

n%20villosa.JPG

N. villosa

Dyflam, I am always amazed at your pictures.  The subject is always in focus and the colors are amazing!  Things I still wrestle with myself.  Your last picture had me puzzled for a bit though, 'til I realized what it was
tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

That last one was good, maybe a whites tree frog?

One of the terrarium places I shop online (I think it was Black Jungle Terrarium) said they've had some species of poison dart frogs deposit their tadpoles in Nepenthes pitchers and the developing froglets were fine so long as they could get out of shorter pitchers. This makes me start thinking again about making a Tree Frog & Nep terrarium.

wow n.g. , your bud shure ahs alot of big and colorful cephalotus's in the back round of that pic .

Impressive photographs... !!! What kind/brand camera did you use? (I'm shopping around
tounge.gif
)

Swords, possibly a White's yes. I had no idea what that was until I turned my head sideways, lol.
Dustin, that is an impressive pic. I was impressed with the Cephs all growing so nicely and colorful, too. How big was that N. villosa pitcher?

Joe

Hey Joe,

You should be congratulating Tony not me!  
wink.gif
 All I did was take the pic.
smile.gif
Anyhow, I belive the N. villosa pitcher was about 1 and 1/2 inches inches tall..around in that ballpark. The plant is 3 inches in diameter.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (whispersiren @ Mar. 18 2003,01:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Impressive photographs... !!! What kind/brand camera did you use?  (I'm shopping around  
tounge.gif
)[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I used a Nikon Coolpix 4500.

Back