What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My new carnivorous plant

While shopping around home depot last night my mom surprised me with a new venus fly trap (since the other one, it seems, isn't doing so well after the heat snap baked him) and I also found a Nepenthis Hybrid (all the tag said) that she also bought for me.

Poor thing, it had out grown the pot it was in, and his two traps are dying off. But it also looks as if there had been more, but the store people had to cut them off.

He looks healthy otherwise, but I'd like to know exactly what speicies the little guy is.

http://www.angelfire.com/realm/cougarmint/experiments/nepenthes.jpg

Note: The bowl underniet him is just to catch the dirt that has fallen out of the pot.

Looks to me like a solid maxima or a maxima x
confused.gif
Maybe fusca? GOOD LUCK!!
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
alien.gif

I have another question:

From the withered pitchers, I also pick up this rather disagreeable sweet smell. Is that rotting nectar?

i'm guessing that the plant came from a company calld gubler orchids ehh
wink.gif
. anyways , looks like my nep hybrid i got from home depot too , it does look like a n. maxima hybrid does'nt it , i email the owner of gubler rochids a while ago , he said it should be a n. x velvet and i believe it is sicne n. x velvet is a hybrid between n. maxima and n. ? which is supposubly n. fusca , very easy to grow except for me
tounge.gif

*Eyes pop out*

I was just at Home Depot today to pick up a prof.Spray bottle...I came across some cps...My home depot has found a solution to watering them with tap water...They don't water them at all!!...It's not the best thing in the world but it could be worse....I picked up what's either a giant Vft (it's so tiny the traps are huge for it's size) or a clumper (So many leaves...I could divide it 3 times) I saw Ventricosa a small one that I couldn't identify and another one I couldn't identify......

That last one was a Maxima?? Now I find out......I'll have to go back monday...I've been looking for one...

Back