What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. ephippiata

I've been growing this species for a number of years, with reasonable success.
However, I'd like to try to obtain a better understanding of its natural
habitat and preferences. Therefore, would appreciate it if those who also
have some experience with this species, or who have actually seen it in the
wild, would comment on their experiences. I'll follow up with my own insights....

Looking at your previous posts I see you have a good bit of knowledge on Nepenthes. After looking at your profile I understand why ;>

Welcome to the forums!

Unfortunately I can't add much to the ephippiata discussion as I have only recently began cultivating them. I plan on growing them with the lowii for now and see how that goes.
Tony

Oooooooh. OMG... Heehee! YOU created my favorite nepenthes website!!!!!!!!

Thanks... hehehe...

Thanks! I am pleased that you like my little site. I really need to put more effort
into adding further information and updating the site more frequently. Will try to do
that sometime soon.

<-------{ checking you website every five minutes for changes on your website
smile.gif
}. I look forward to any updates you put on your website. It is impressive as it is and I personally have read through the whole website several times. In matter fact after reading the Tony's post I went back and refreshed my memory.

neps,

darn cool site... you are actually responsible for my nepenthes addiction... I was searching the web during my early days... saw your site, some of your pictures.. my eyes got all misty... blah blah blah...

Now, I am the mod you see before you...
smile.gif

awesome site... if I knew anything near what you did about these plants, I would tell ya...

perhaps fatboy can help... he lives in nepenthes habitat.

Thanks, RP! If I'm in any way responsible for turning you onto these plants, then I'm
honored!

Thanks, too, for your offer of help. It seems that information regarding this rather
obscure species is hard to come by.

Phil, Jeff, and Salvia divonorum (spelling?) are responsible for my addiction! And then it was all downhill after I found out about MT, and Tony's website....
smile.gif

Pat

hello Neps
nice to see you at the forum I could say I like your site and the plants you had also the work at the celler look great.
I look around quite often to see if there are new things on.
I can't help a lot with ephippiata as I wasn't so lucky with it
and the 2 of them that I had didn't survive.
arie

Shalom, Arie, and thank you! I'll try to post some new stuff soon!

Back