What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes fusca

NickHubbell

It’s a trap!
I am getting a N. fusca later in the month. Does anyone else grow this plant?

yep!

One of my favorites.. ok I admit it they are all my favorites

Did you have a specific question about the plant?
Tony

Hi Nick,

I've got two N. fusca but it turns out they're both the same clone ("Tambuyan Road" I think?) green & brown in color with green peristome, I was hoping one would be the black peristomed fusca clone...
Anyway, the green & brown variety is relatively "easy". As with many highland plants, it can be called "easy" if it's in the right environment (warm days cool nights). I received the first one in June or July about 4" in size and now it's 8" or 9" with about 4" pitchers. As with most of my highland plants the leaves and pitchers last a very long time. I still have the first pitcher the plant put out since I got it.
Make sure humidity is always high and light is bright You can give this variety very intense light and it still doesn't get red tinted leaves, just thicker (more succulent like) leaves whereas other Neps grown right next to it will redden and start making very colorful big pitchers this one just laughs and says "yeah, what else ya got!?".

Are you getting a small plant or mature cutting?

I really didn't have any questions about the plant. Guess I was just looking for others who are currently growing or have grown the plant. Someone to send a message to if I start having problems.

I believe this is a rooted cutting. The size says 3" leave span. I guess this could mean a tc plant or a cutting. To be honest, I am not really worried. Just thought it was a nice looking plant.

Thanks,

Nick

Aloha,

Yes, I also grow a few forms of N.fusca. It is a nice plant, and you should be pleased with it. It can take lighter and dryer conditions than many neps. Good luck and happy growing.

Kim

Back