What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bicalcarata

Yeah that one!
smile.gif
I notice a few weeks ago that it stopped growing for no reason, and then suddenly i found a little picher all alone at the base! I'll trade you one of these two for a tobaica cutting when it grows bigger. It's definitly one of my favorite Neps since it grows so fast! Here's a picture of the basal shoots with the tiny pitchers. Enjoy!

lo_N_gracilis_purp_bs_1.jpg

Joel

Joel, is that N.Gracilis "Nigrapurpurea" Or is that Bical? I think it is Gracilis Nigrapurpurea isn't it?

well he just said it was 2 posts ago

hehehehe

OMG JOEL!!!!

SO YOUR GRACILIS NIGAPURPUERA IS THIS ONE WHEN IT GROWES BIGGER?
confused.gif
?/

nep-gra1.jpg

OMG!!! i will DEFINATLY trade you a tobaica cutting for that purple one! that is AWSOME!

i duno when i will receive the tobaica, i ordered it saturday, the 4th of may, hope i get it soon and the bical hehe, well can i plant it in the one of the hanging baskets that you got? with the wire and when you buy it it coems with that lining with it? could i plant the bical in that?

and also, can you post a picture of the regular nigapurpurea? the orgininal mother who produced teh 2 babies?
smile.gif
Thanks

-stefano

Stefano

My gracilis would look like that (or similar to that at least) if I gave it more sun. I might put it in a sunnier location later this year, since I'm planning on putting most of my neps in hanging baskets. But I’ll definitely trade you a cutting once the buds get bigger. As for the bicalc in the hanging basket, I think it’s possible, but you’ll have to make sure that the soil doesn’t dry out too quickly. I think that a cocofiber basket, like the ones that I use, would work well with it since the fiber is very compact.  You could also put a plastic sheet (the heavy duty type, not the cheap-o garbage bag stuff) on the inside of a wooden basket, which I think would make it just as effective for water retention as a regular pot. Whatever you do, just be sure to pick a big basket, as bicalcarata needs (like NG said) lots of space for its roots to grow.

Here are the pics of the gracilis plant. The largest pitcher is a little more than 2 inches tall, but I’m hoping that it’s get some bigger ones going soon since the basal shoots are open now. I think I’m gonna start another post-you-nep-pics-here thread!
smile.gif

Picture of the whole plant
lo_N_gracilis_purp_2.jpg

Close up of a big pitcher
lo_N_gracilis_purp_p1.jpg

BTW NepG: I'll trade you a cutting too if you want once the basal shoots get bigger.
smile.gif

Joel

(Edited by mindmaze128 at 7:43 pm on May 7, 2002)

wow, thats a small basal shoot with BIG pitchers!

my judith finnn grows slowly and dosnt have pitchers, well it produces em but they are small, i gave it superthrive last week, hopin to see new results, when i got it it had like half-1" picthers now its like less than 1/2"

sad.gif

my little judith finn has been growing very very slow... it puts out nice pitchers, they are very pretty, but it seems to just not put on mass like some of the other nepenthes... perhaps it would like a cooler home.. I am kind of running an intermediat/lowlands hodgepodge...
smile.gif

I took a pek at my bical today, thinned out the foliage around it, the large one seems to be picking up steam. this is exciting... though, his pitchers are still very small.

Back