What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lowland Nep picture show

• Thread starter swords
  • Start date
Hi Josh,

Thanks for sharing the pictures with us.

I think that you may have an identification problem, however. First, your alata looks to
me like it has ventricosa in it. Secondly, your ventricosa is definitely not ventricosa.
It appears to be some sort of khasiana hybrid....

Thanks for the tip Jeff!

The "alata" I have often thought must be mixed with ventricosa but my uncle swears it was labeled "alata" when he got it, I suppose it could be ventrata but I've seen pics of "N. alata (smooth)" which have the same color scheme of crimson and yellow flush and I've seen others call this "ventricosa" so... hmm...

As for the "N. ventricosa", like it says on the site, the greenhouse I got it from is a killer of CPs so it's not unlikely they would have a wrong tag in it, just like the Mixta I got sold as "N. coccinea" (not the one shown on the site). Like always, no nursery tag so I can contact em find out for real what it is, at least it was only $5.99!
biggrin.gif

Plants look like they are growing nicely Josh. I would agree with Jeff's assesment on the ID of a couple. Just a side note.. the 'alata' probably was labeled that. A great many alata that have been circulating around for the past 20 years are xVentrata. Still a very nice plant!
T

Back