What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bragging competition......

• Thread starter monkeyman
  • Start date
The only one that seemed to not like the low humidity was the ventricosa. Its pitchers reduced in size. Everyone else pitchered fine.

Pyro,
Well that stinks! That is the only kind of pitcher plant (ventricosa) I have
confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (carnivorous23 @ Mar. 17 2003,7:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Tim, it is good to hear D. scorpiodes can stop alien invasions. To think, all the time I've wasted attempting to fend them off with some capensis and a filiformis.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
*falls out of chair*

HAAAH!

Down to 4" from 6" isn't a huge drop and they always rebound when they get outside for the summer.

Travis, well my ventricosa is now in the big greenhouse in the sky..it is now a neps-icle.  
biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tim @ Mar. 17 2003,8:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The D. scorpioides that I bought from Zach stopped an alien invasion.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Really? That explains the green slime-guts-green glowing alien blood I've been seeing on my 2 scorpiodes I got from Zach!!!
wow.gif
wink.gif

ok, now the bragging:
My nepenthes rajah has no pitchers.
tounge.gif

My nepenthes clipeata has new shiny green growth on it!
biggrin.gif
(YAY!!! )
Nepenthes ventrincosa has 4 inch pitchers and a basal shoot coming out of the base of the plant near the soil (hehe)
nepenthes alata has green and red speckeled pitchers! (how odd!
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
)
Nepenthes rafflesiana has a zillion pitchers (ok, 5, 1 every week or 2, but it's still good enough to brag about!
wink.gif
)

My N. bicalcarata is so big it could wrestle a Grizzly bare-leaved and win!  
wow.gif

tounge.gif

Ok.. so maybe that's too much of an exaggeration..
confused.gif

Fine.. I'll just go back to dreaming of the day when I'll genetically engineer a Utric that's large enough to catch King Salmon.. or ex boyfriend.. heh  
tounge.gif

My nep died a couple months ago... Can we have something like this in the pitcher plants forum?
tounge.gif

I'd like to boast that I once had a rare N. rafflesiana "Sarawak Giant" with a 3' stem and the last pitcher produced was 8".  By the time my stupid mother sends it to me, im sure it'll be dead
mad.gif

mad.gif
AAAHHHHHHHAHH.  

My dog barks some...
confused.gif

My nep is still alive...I am still in the competition
wow.gif
. I do not see a ventricosa winning thee ultimate bragging rights...
smile.gif
Unless I have live 3 big pitchers on one stem but that is not going to happen very likely
tounge.gif

Well that is to bad what happend to your ventricosa Nep. G.
sad.gif
I remember that post back in the day.

travis

My N. ventricosa has just signed a 5 million dollar contract to become an underware model.

Ah, the Sarawak Giant rafflesiana...what a beaut. Hopefully it will make it for you....

Travis, ah at least it wasn't something rarer like loosing a rajah or lowii or something. It can be replaced easily.
wink.gif

The moss that grows on the epiphytic orchids which invade
my Nepenthes collection is fluent in Hebrew and can wistle
Rachmaninov's third backwards.
Which is nice.

I have a rash.

Khai,

Try pouring the fluid of an unopened Nepenthes pitcher on it and lets see how well some of the lore actually works!

Joe

I did this during the Egyptian Third Dynasty, and I still look 40 years old.

Something is sooooooooo wrong with my ventricosa. Its soooo weird. In the moorning its pitchers are fully open and hard; in the afternoon the pitchers are totally closed
confused.gif
Then in the night the pitchers re-open againg
Weird hu?
wow.gif

Sounds like sudden plummet in humidity and/or a spike in extreme temps.

My ventrata 8 new pitchers grow and open in 1 1/2 months
tounge.gif
, my N. Ventricosa has a vine with 3 tendril loops I think its pretty wierd, but the leaf is starting to die
sad.gif

Back