What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bragging competition......

• Thread starter monkeyman
  • Start date
I would like to start a bragging competition about neps. Anyone and everyone can join in, and brag about anything they want, as much as they want.(related to neps) Sorry, there will be no prizes. Execpt the right to brag even more.
tounge.gif
Come on and join in. You might win!
biggrin.gif

My N. Ventrata more than doubled in size in less than three months. The pitchers quadripled in size!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I don't see the point in what this thread is intended towards. To brag?

My N Ventrata has grown 1.5 feet long since the last time it made any pitchers.  
confused.gif
 My N khasiana has 4 basal shoots growing at the same time.
wow.gif

That's all the bragging that I can muster!
tounge.gif

Jœl
wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nepenthes gracilis @ Mar. 17 2003,3:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't see the point in what this thread is intended towards. To brag?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Yes.
biggrin.gif

I don't know measurements, but I'll post pics of my x ventrata that I'd like to brag about. hehe...

tounge.gif
Greg, "To brag?" to be taken as "To brag? what's the point in bragging?" I should have stated it better.
wink.gif

So dat yuh can tell peeps bout how yer planties are doin, and what yer proud of witout startin a whole new thread!
biggrin.gif
Jolly good fun!!!

My xRokko has pitchers ten feet long, and they can hold 378 gallons of water.

Ok...my I just got pierced ears from the 6 inch long fangs on my N. bicalcarata.
tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nepenthes gracilis @ Mar. 17 2003,9:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok...my I just got pierced ears from the 6 inch long fangs on my N. bicalcarata.
tounge.gif
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Case in point.
wink.gif

My N. ramispina might pitcher soon. It's almost 2" across now. In fact, just this month, it has grown a leaf. Well, okay, last month too, but not the one before that.

My Ventricosa that I bought from a nursery pitchers onlt 1 inch after that pitcher 3inch pitchers. My N.Madagascarines made some really nice pitchers they grow really slow. My N.Khasiana has nice 3inch pitchers I got both plants for only 10 dollars plus s+H and thats about it.
biggrin.gif

The D. capensis that Jeremiah sent me ate my neighbor's Doberman. The D. scorpioides that I bought from Zach stopped an alien invasion.

Tim, it is good to hear D. scorpiodes can stop alien invasions. To think, all the time I've wasted attempting to fend them off with some capensis and a filiformis.

my n. gracilis is growing at the speed of light and has 2,million basal shoots
tounge.gif
, my n. bicalcarata ate my brotehr and my neighbors dog , and my n. rajah can holkd up to 2 ,000,000,000 gallons of water and got a dog , cat , pigeon , and drunken guy in it
tounge.gif

And all this time I thought I was fending off alien attacks...boy....no wonder why my neighbors never speak to me. I better try to compromise with them!
tounge.gif

Well my N. ventricosa pitchers are 4 inches big...top that! Nep G. you are kicked out since I know you have a 5 inch pitchers from your ventricosa
tounge.gif
. k/d

travis

My Nepenthes has been eating my cats!!!!!!

Glenn
wink.gif

I have a 3' ventricosa with a 1' flower spike and 2 large basal rosettes

I have a N. khasiana with 5 basal rosettes

I have a lowland vietchii that has no roots but has been growing strong and producing leaves for the last 7 months

I was growing all my Neps indoors at 30% humidity with no ill effects and now they go out on the patio to take Atlanta weather with not protection of any kind.

Everytime my raff is going to spout another pitcher it always grows double the size of the last one every week!
wow.gif

My ventrata is also a speedy grower!
biggrin.gif

And the pitcher on my truncata finally opened!
tounge.gif
 I guess thats something to celebrate about
wink.gif

And last ,but not least, my ventricosa is growing real fast...but it isn't producing any pitchers at all
sad.gif

LET'S KEEP ON BRAGGING!!!!
biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I was growing all my Neps indoors at 30% humidity with no ill effects and now they go out on the patio to take Atlanta weather with not protection of any kind.
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
30% ?? ?? ??
And they pitchered? Wow.

Anyway, my N. Truncata has grown two pitchers since I got it. The second one was at least 2 and 1/2 times bigger than the first one. There is a new leaf that just popped out and it looks to be at least twice the size of the last leaf.
tounge.gif

Back