What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mmmm - tastes good!

• Thread starter Borneo
  • Start date
Why do cats always refuse to drink water out of a clean bowl?  Nepenthes water is always preferred.  If there was a pitcher large enough this guy would drink the contents I'm sure!  
laugh.gif

cat.jpg

HEY !

Can I get my N. ampullaria on the rocks with a twist???

mmmmmm

lol , is that d. apularia actually growing in water ?

Cats hate freshly drawn water. Ours only drinks water after it's been sittin in the bowl for like three days. We used to have a big goldfish bowl with a couple of goldfish in it and it would always drink out of it, but didn't harm the fish.

My bathtub faucet leaks and that's where my cat drinks!

I'll bet Rob is using that ampullaria vine as the coolest "fresh-cut flowers" on earth!

Hey Tony,

Only highland species are available on the rocks, lowlanders don't like ice much.  Upper pitchers come with a twist  
tounge.gif

Goldtrap, no.  Nepenthes leaves won't grow or root in water, but they do last a long time, those leaves and pitchers are weeks old.  They are offcuts when we take cuttings from our red amps that used to get thrown out but Diana likes to preserve them for a while.

By the way, I got told off for posting a photo of old leaves and pitchers. Diana replenished the vase today and it seems to have attracted a new customer:

cat2.jpg

Rob, there's something perverse about using red ampullaria cuttings so wantonly. People are starving for red amps in the US, you know.
wink.gif

I know this isn't the point of the post, Rob, but your cats are adorable
biggrin.gif

Interesting table piece, indeed. Never would have thought of doing that.

Joe
wow.gif

Wow, I was right!

Well Rob, you have already harvested the attractive part of the plant. If you have no use for those "leafless" pieces of vine, I'll take those off your hands, lol.

Regards,

Joe

Back