What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Natural habitats in Taiwan and China

Hi there!

I´ll spend March and April 2004 in Taiwan and China (province Guangdong) and I´ll surely have plenty of time to check out carnivorous plants in the wild (preferably Nepenthes, but I´d also be happy about seeing a nice Drosera or Ping). Anyway - there´s a "minor" problem: I don´t know where to start looking...

Could anybody give me [exact] locations of natural habitats there?

Thanks in advance!

Hate to be the bearer of bad tidings but the book on Nepenthes of mainland China and Taiwan is published by the same people that publish that ol fav "Ski Resorts of the Sahara", and is a very thin book.

As far as I know there are no Neps in either country. You may have more luck with Drosera or Pings but not in this forum. I suggest another post in the other forums (or the general one) to catch the people that are into other CP's.

Cheers, Troy.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]but the book on Nepenthes of mainland China and Taiwan is published by the same people that publish that ol fav "Ski Resorts of the Sahara",

LOL! OK, I´ll post it in some of the other forums...

Troy, thanks for your reply!
Stefan

In Nepenthes of Sumatra C. Clarke states that N. mirabilis occurs in China but it doesn't say what areas however.

Ah, you got me Josh.
Strictly speaking it does too, in Hong Kong.

Cheers, Troy.

I'm such a nerd!
wink.gif

I JUST FELL OFF MY SWIVEL CHAIR!

Is Macah near Hong Kong? I know of one plant salesman who has N. mirabilis from Macah, China.

Regards,

Joe

Yep, it´s quite near actually. MacaO and Hong Kong are situated on opposite sides of the Guangzhou Bay.
Maybe I should go hiking over there. I´ve heard that Ne. gracilis also grows in the Hong Kong area...

Best,
Stefan

Macao. Thank you. I knew it was not spelled like the bird, but I still biffed it.

Back