What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. villosa photo

2003-11-9-N_villosa%20011.jpg

thanks for looking
-Jeremiah-

Hey Jeremiah -

Verrryyy nice!! My villosa is opening it's first trap, but doesn't have that nice red coloration yours does. What's your lighting situation? The soil level of mine is 6 inches below a shoplite (that's on 17 hours a day).

By the way, the N. raff is doing great!!!!!!! How's the N (clip x vent)2 youngster doing?

WildBill

Is it yours? How old is it? It looks very nice.

Nice!!! What's that plant getting for night-time temperatures and daytime temperatures? I'd also like to know what type of light, humidity and soil you have it in.

Thanks and GREAT job!
smile.gif

Hey Jeremiah,
I am know where you got this plant, what I am curious about is how long you have had it, and what it has been like for you? GREAT PLANT, thanks for sharing!!
biggrin.gif

Hi
thanks for all the nice compliments

WildBill
I grow it in my freezer grow chamber. It is very similar to the one Jeff Shafer/neps used in the March 2003 issue of the Carnivorous Plant Newsletter (thanks Jeff if you read this it was very helpful) About the light I use three typical 4 foot fluorescent fixtures (wow that a tongue twister lol) two of which are grow lights and four are the cool white 40W bulbs. The light are about a foot away from the soil on a 14 1/2 hour photoperiod.

trashcan
"Is it yours? How old is it? It looks very nice."
Yeah I is mine. I got the plant on 8-18-2003 so I have not been growing it very long but it has doubled in size. I have honestly been a little surprised at how fast it has grown with all the horror stories I have heard I thought it would be a much slower grower.

nepenthes gracilis
"What's that plant getting for night-time temperatures and daytime temperatures?"
About 75 days and 50 nights

"...humidity and soil you have it in."
never lower then 78%. 100% live LFS

lithopsman
I got the plant from Tony

thanks
-Jeremiah-

Looking very nice! Great color. The peristome is starting to come around with more mature features.

Tony

yeah

it is a very beautiful pitcher
I just love the spikes on the peristome it makes it looks so tuff even though it is only 1 1/2 tall
-Jeremiah-

Great looking pitcher Jeremiah!
cool.gif

Well done! I am pleased to see that you've successfully adopted the technique I presented in my article. Moreover, I agree with your observations about N. villosa growing more rapidly under cooler conditions. It has consistently been my experience that it really needs very cool nights to do well, especially as it grows older.

Back