What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photos !! Check them out :)

Yes it is a nice photo. However:
Do you have permission from the owner of the photo? There's that thing called Copyright laws and all...

I would suggest you remove the photo for now, and contact the owner for written permission.

Tony

PS. You should also switch your avatar since this is also not one of your photos.

Didn't see one on your webpage if that's what you mean. While it is a good idea to give credit to other's photos. Technically you still need permission from the owner.

Tony

There certainly wasn't an hour ago.

And now, we cannot view the page because you have exceeded your transfer limit.

Well when i was Building the site i put on there i dont know why it isnt up! and i also dont know why you guys are making such an issue out of this its okay to Idmire other People's photos there many other's on the form's that have avatars with other photography!

Well considering I did not see anything to indicate it was not your photo, it appeared you were claiming it was yours. That is a big no no and goes way beyond admiring someone elses photo. Granted we don't catch everyone that is using someone else's photo without permission but when I do see this happen it is my job as a moderator to take care of it. It is for the protection of the forum and the user as well.

Tony

Well i told u there was okay? I understand its yur job but if you want to be a little more mature next time you can Contact me and not ruined my post for a mistake

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Electric Carnivores @ Nov. 10 2003,9:33)]Well i told u there was okay? I understand its yur job but if you want to be a little more mature next time you can Contact me and not ruined my post for a mistake
Hmm.. interesting response. Quite frankly I think I handled it fine. Could I have sent you a private message instead? sure I could have but chose not too. I don't think I was rude, immature or demeaning in any of my prior posts. I was simply stating rules of the forum as well as federal copyright laws. I was not upset or anything resembling agitated.
I explained my situation and why I saw it as I did.

Calling me immature and ruining your post however is totally out of line. THAT makes me angry.

You have been officially warned.

Tony

i never said you were rube at all i think yur adding things Tony and in my eye's it was imature of you to set a hyper link so everyone could see my mistake i think its Obvious that i linked it worng with the sub title. Im not upset at all as well just disappointed that you had to mess up the post and just didnt contact me instead o well its all good no hard feelings dude =o)

hehe. fights are funny. <now thats IMMATURE
Well lets go to the original topic. That is a cool n. judith finn. Nice pitcher. It would be good putting up your n. rajah for some people. (Some people wanted to see that, right?)
smile.gif

Yeah some did but its nothing special i mean its really awesome! that i have it growing outside i had it pitchering in the summer and spring but not to many not like my other nepenthes i could be from lack of humidity im trying to find a good place that seal's green house's it would preform alot nicer but growing outside isnt the frist i know 2 people that do the same under shade cloth alot of over hed water so far it has done pretty well im kind of worred about it tho because of how cold it gets down here from the beach

Watch out Drose adude yur avatar isnt yur photo you might get warned ;) lol

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Electric Carnivores @ Nov. 10 2003,9:45)]i never said you were rube at all i think yur adding things Tony and in my eye's it was imature of you to set a hyper link so everyone could see my mistake i think its Obvious that i linked it worng with the sub title. Im not upset at all as well just disappointed that you had to mess up the post and just didnt contact me instead o well its all good no hard feelings dude =o)
Ahem you should be talking about being immature. That's all I have to say on this.

Electric Carnivores, for some reason your avatars are turning up in the preloaded avatar section so that everyone is able to select them for their own use. I have not been able to figure out why this is happening but I see your newest one is listed there also. Droseradude is not at fault since he was just picking one out of the avatar section in his control panel.

I would like to resolve this issue so if you could please give me or any other mod/administrator some info on how your uploading your avatar that would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Tony

Nep G:

It's obvious Electric Carnivores made a mistake, and Tony was kind enough to point it out.

wow it sure is funny how just one photo can upset so many people at once i forgot to set the subtitle i think its undering . Its pretty sad how u guys get so worked up over this i wish i had only Minor problems like this life would be great! i think everyone needs to get over it i said i was sorry what eles should i do ?

Not sure if your last reply is in response to my post about your avatar. I consider the issue of the copyrighted photos closed.

My main concern is why your avatar images are turning up in the preloaded section of the forums software. This gives everyone access to select the images for their own use as an avatar. If you go to your control panel and then personal info and then avatar options, you will see at the bottom of the list "uploaded_(filename)" I sure would like to figure out how your files are turning up here.
Tony

Back