What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. veitchii x lowii Photo

tell me what you think

N_x_veitchii_x_lowii.jpg

thanks
-Jeremiah-

I think I'm drooling on my keyboard Jeremiah!!! That thing is spectacular! Look at that peristome!!! And it looks like it's a pretty small plant, too!

I just woke up and stumbled out to the computer. I'm awake now!!

Capslock

Fantastic! What clone is that (if you know)? Thanks!

That lid is awesome!

Wow, it looks so much like an overly colored truncata that I would go off and say that all truncatas originated as N. lowii x veitchii
biggrin.gif

That is indeed some fantastic coloration! It beautiful. How old/big is that plant?

Jeremiah, I LOVE your plants! You keep surprising me with more and more stunning ones every week...Keep them coming!

This one is really gorgeous...

lovely! Is it clone 13 by any chance?

Would you people stop it already with the out-of-this-world hybrids? It's making it hard for me to maintain my species snobbery.
mad.gif

Incidentally, why does the leaf look so truncated in the photo? Is that the way they are - like a truncata?

N. veitchii does inhibit some degree of truncatation:

(older photo- N. veitchii "Bareo Highland")
veitchii.JPG

N. lowii also does too but not nearly as exaggerated as N. veitchii, which probably leads to the more trucated leaves with both parents having some sort of it:

(older photo- N. lowii "Mt. Kinabalu")
lowii.JPG

EEEWWWWWWWWWW AAAAHHHHH! Pretty colors!!
smile.gif
That is wonderful, looks like I always thought it might, but I never have seen a mature one before now... THANKS FOR SHARING!!
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
unclesam.gif
cool.gif

How large are your lowii pitchers? Mine are nearly 1.5"
biggrin.gif
!

The plant has grown since that picture indicated by the "older pic" and now the pitchers are presently at 6cm tall, around 2.5 inches. 2 more pitchers are on the way tho so who knows if they will be bigger or not.

Back