What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my poor bical :(

matti

BANNED
dear cper's
my nepenthes bicalcarata isn't looking to good
infact i think it is dead
for the past 6 mounths i have been keeping this plant out side
(stupid me)
and it has gone black so i put it in my terra and it is still black
i was just wondering out of 100% what % chance do i have of it coming back
the terra is kept at 32oC at all times exept in the morning when it probly gets hoter it is very humid
please help
sad.gif

matti
unclesam.gif

Matti:

Check the roots, may be you'll see something green still at the bottom. But if most of the plant is black it is most likely dead!!.

Agustin

nepenthes live in there leaves not in there roots so if all the love are black and shriveled and the stem is black then its liekly to be dead .

Mine is also going bad. Its a n. bicalcarata 'yellow' and the edges of the leaves are turning brown. I'll try to post a pic later today so you could see. I really dont want to loose it.
sad.gif

Well, all of you know basic bical care, right?

Well, you know, like high humidity, 85-90 degrees day, 70's at night, etc. That stuff. Andenes, what are your conditions for the bical?

I think I remember reading that N. bical like wetter conditions than other nepenthes. I had a bical that I let dry out and it wilted and never recovered. 2 other nepenthes that dried out at the same time recovered after watering though.
I was so upset and angry with myself!
mad.gif

mad.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

Do other cp growers keep their bical wetter than their other nepenthes?
happy growing, Neil.

Yes N. bicalcarata is very moisture sensitive. Sudden sever humidity or soil moisture level drops can severely set back or kill the plant. If the whole thing turns black it's done for usually. I keep mine on the shallow tray method that works fine.

Back