What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's happening to my neps?

Hi CPers,
I inspected my plants today a found that all my pitcher plants had red areas around the leaves, stems and even ends of the leaves. My neps have not pitchered for about two weeks now because anytime a pitcher starts to form, the bud withers and rots. Any explanations would be greatly appreciated. Before this my plant pitchered like crazy, but the process has come to an abrupt halt.
(Ps: are they spiders mites?)

Thanks Cpers,
Jason

I have no real experience with mites, so I can't really advise.

Look for very tiny (usually) red specks moving around on the underside of the leaves and for "spiderwebs" on and between leaves.  If you see either of these then you have spidermites.  They can also cause the discoloration you noted and deformed leaves, but so can other things.  If your sure you have spidermites then check out this link:  "Spider mite treatment that works!, Shock and awe and perfectly safe !"  It's what Goldslinger posted for treating them on VFTs, but you may be able to modify the application to your Neps.

smile.gif

BCK

Moved here [Tropical Pitcher Plants (Nepenthes) Forum]

Ok, now I heard that neps with red leaves can also mean that they're getting sunlight, refer to topic about red leaves in this forum. I'll check my neps, thanks BCK
Jason

Back