What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. diatas

Here's a new shot of N. diatas, which shows its color
fairly well.

In case you're wondering, I'm placing photos in individual topics
because they're large!

diatas121803.jpg

Wow! Looks amazing. I just bought one recently, the pitchers definitely aren't quite that big, but they still look nice. What kind of conditions do you keep this plant under? On your website it says you recommend villosa-like ultrahighland conditions - is this what this plant is receiving?

Thanks,
Pat

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]What kind of conditions do you keep this plant under? On your website it says you recommend villosa-like ultrahighland conditions - is this what this plant is receiving?

Hi Pat,

Yes, I grow this species under very harsh conditions. Temps
range from 3 to 20 C, with high light and humidity. Photoperiod
is about 14 hours.

cool teeth!
wow.gif
that perimstone even looks plastic! (not sayin it is)

Wonderful again Jeff! I can't wait till mine gets that big. The one I have has a neat variation to the pitcher, you've probably seen photos of it earlier. Hopefully now that it is adapted to the ghouse I should get some beautiful pitchers like your plant has.

Glad you like the image.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]that perimstone even looks plastic!

Yes, it does, doesn't it?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Wonderful again Jeff! I can't wait till mine gets that big. The one I have has a neat variation to the pitcher, you've probably seen photos of it earlier. Hopefully now that it is adapted to the ghouse I should get some beautiful pitchers like your plant has.

Thanks. I'm sure that you'll get some good growth. My
experience, however, has been that this species really
likes cool nights.

Back