What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting closer...

I made a nice discovery today as I moved the newest N. hamata pitcher for photography. I was happy to see that it's an intermediate. Note the tendril attachment and tapered lower 1/3 of the pitcher. This new pitcher is smaller (15 cm) and the colors/patterns are not as intense, especially in the lower portion:
hamata6.jpg

A close up of the tendril attachment:
hamata7.jpg

I'm still awaiting the uppers. All the tendrils on the climbing stem readily wind around stakes (or anything else they can grasp):
hamata8.jpg

Hope you liked em!

Hey,
Very nice shots Josh! I cant wait to see uppers on that awesome plant!
Kevin

After looking at this all day, I have to post. Since a few months ago when I had light level problems and my young hamata refused to drop tendrils, I was sooooo disappointed, because of the 1.5:1 pitcher to leaf ratio when I got it. Since that ordeal (don't even go there
tounge.gif
) was fixed, it promptly made new pitchers, but so far all three are still little, not near as big as when I recieved the plant... I have high hopes for the new tendril that is swelling, since the last one has a mature shape, but is quite small. Yeah, swords the obsessor of high light, here's my excuse: the flourescents were losing power slowly, so I didn't notice until a new leaf was made on several plants that wasn't quite right (read etiolated). Oh well, new lighting system, bada bang. Great pics by the way, sorry about the rant. Ciao!
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
cool.gif
unclesam.gif

Back