What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N.belii

Hello all,

I thought I would let see some photos of my N.belii. This lowland species is ideal, 'cause it's quite an easy one to grow, and... it stays SMALL !!!
btw, does anyone know how big this plant can get ?
This one is 30cm in diameter, 30cm tall, with 12cm pitchers

My plant, with a nice basal shoot
N.belii2.jpg

A pitcher
N.belii.jpg

Best regards,

David Streit

Hi David,
Nice looking plant! The pitchers are 12 cm long? That's the biggest bellii I have ever seen! It's a bit unusual in its more elongated pitchers too-typically they look more like mini-merrilliana. Is that plant from tissue culture or seed raised?
Trent

You did not perchance get that from Phill Mann, did you? I have a plant I got from him years ago labeled "sp bellii" that came as a "mini palm" tree like that and has longer pitchers like that.

Regards,

Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Trent @ Jan. 08 2004,03:15)]Hi David,
Nice looking plant! The pitchers are 12 cm long? That's the biggest bellii I have ever seen! It's a bit unusual in its more elongated pitchers too-typically they look more like mini-merrilliana. Is that plant from tissue culture or seed raised?
Trent
Well, 12cm is the biggest one  
biggrin.gif

Average pichters until that one, were between  7cm and 10cm
Anyway, the plant is really nice ! I got it from a friend of mine here in Switzerland ( Oly Marthaler) It's possible that the plant was grown from seed, as I know that he went several times to see Neps in the wild, but I'm not sure. I'll ask him!

David

Hi,

Yes they propogate well from cuttings. Rob Cantley suggests regular trimming to stimulate lower pitcher growth.

I found that it takes them a long time to root. So I stick the stems in a bottle of water and plant them in spaghnum moss/perlite mix after new shoots appear.

Now I have many N. belli plants. The only problem is I don't have any people to trade them with in Malaysia.

Choong

Back