What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

these things can grow like weeds when they want to

im currently growing a N. 'Miranda' and 2 N. ventricosa. the 'Miranda' is currently about 1.5' in diameter and producing 5"-6" tall pitchers like mad. the lips(i forget the scientific term) are turning a wonderful maroon. ill try to get some pics up this week. the ventricosa(i think thats what they are called, they are lowes plants) are 5"-6" in diameter and growing fast and are putting off 1"-1.5" pitchers like crazy. the leaves are all getting a reddish tint to them, this is good right? anyways the pitchers on the 'Miranda' are as abouut as awesome as any of my orchids. also the U. livida that a member here was nice enough to send me is flowering like mad after completly filling a 4 inch pot in 2 months from just a lil bunch of plants. also teh pygmy sundews that Tamlin sent me are growing beautifully. arent CP's the best!

rattler

good job! its nice when they suddenly grow alot. My n. emmarene sorta just made a ton of pitchers.
P.S. the lip is the perimstone

Close DD it's peristome.
wink.gif
Glad to hear your Nepenthes are doing good.
smile.gif
N. x Miranda is a WONDERFUL hybrid and certainly one of the most stunning i've ever seen. The reddish tint is god, shows your plants are getting plenty of good light.

ok, peristome. I must of read it wrong the first time I saw the term.
P.S. how tall can n. emmarene get?

Pitchers on my N. emmarene have gotten 15-18 cm for lowers and so far 10 cm on uppers. The vine length/overall height is pretty much indefinate if you use a stake to support it and make sure nothing happens to the growing tip.

Back