What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. hareliana var. 'Red Skelton'

• Thread starter Vertigo
  • Start date
Some of you have probably seen this picture already, but for the rest of you, either you heard me discussing this plant some time back trying to figure out what the pitcher might look like, or you didn't. :p

Well, here's the first pitcher that popped up on my N. hareliana var. 'Red Skelton':

'Red_Skelton'-FirstPitcher-1.jpg

That is the biggest base/smallest pitcher opening ratio I think I can ever remember seeing, lol. Kind of cool.

Regards,

Joe

laugh.gif

I'm hoping to take some more pictures of the newer growth this weekend. We'll definately get to see if it's a trait that it's carrying.
smile.gif

According to the ICPS database, N. 'Red Skeleton' {D'Amato} is a cultivar, not a variety. Synonym of Nepenthes x hareliana {Hort.Bednar}nom.nud.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BobZ @ Feb. 02 2004,07:03)]According to the ICPS database, N. 'Red Skeleton' {D'Amato} is a cultivar, not a variety. Synonym of Nepenthes x hareliana {Hort.Bednar}nom.nud.
True. Thanks for the tip Bob. Bruce wrote it a few different ways every now and then.

Btw, i'm surprised no one has realised yet that the ICPS database has the wrong name. It's 'Red Skelton' after the comic, not Red Skeleton. Though by the description of bony pitchers you'd think it was the latter. I've confirmed it with Bruce Bednar who is the man responsible for this plant.

Back