What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you guys think?

• Thread starter machete
  • Start date
Where is the best place to try and sell my plants that are getting to big to house? Sorry if this is breaking any rules.

Well you're not really saying I have N. bical for $25 PM if your interested, you're just asking for advice on what to do with big plants.
smile.gif

Why not cut them up? Sell them on Ebay or soemthing? You don't have to get rid of the entire plna,t just chop the stems down.

one is a bical thats over 2 feet. Let this be a warning to all you potential bical keepers. Have the space, dont be dumb like me. I really dont want to make a profit, just want them to go to someone who has the space.

What other jumbos do you have, lol? Lowland assortment , I take it?

here it is at a foot across.

plant4.jpg

Machete,
Ebay is a great place to get rid of your cuttings/oversized plants without hurting anyones feelings (I'm sure you've gotten plenty of PMs just by mentioning the idea you will sell a big plant) since it's up to the bidders who gets it. There seems to be a core audience for Nepenthes on Ebay (same buyers and sellers all the time - probably made up of folks from here
smile.gif
) so they will likely be going to good homes!

As far as sizes, everyone new to Nepenthes should be forwarned that in general the majority of species seem to range between 40 - 60 cm in diameter (16-24", not including tendrils and pitchers) but there are the giant ones and tiny ones. I'm working on a Nepenthes size index/chart and that seems to be the trend thus far.

This is precisely why I only grow N. campanulata.

Back