What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

it came, it came!

schloaty

Staff member
I got my N. jacquelinae on Saturday!  Big bucks, but hey, it was x-mas dough!  It's so cute!  So fragile looking....The leaves are long and thin, and the pitchers are tiny (the whole plan is probably 2 1//2" diameter, and 2" tall) at about 1/4" tall, if that.
Woo hoo!  
smile.gif

Nice grab Dave! I have to wait a while. Sadly I couldn't get one of the seed grown original plants.
sad.gif

I was on Dean Cook's list and could have when they came in, but I declined. I was having troubles with highlanders and could not bring myself to kill such a pretty plant-not to mention the $72 down the drain, lol.

Joe

Well, it's not dead yet, and it's been a whole 2 days.
tounge.gif
Yeah, it was expensive, but I had that x-mas money burning a whole in my pocket, and my space is getting tight. So I figured it would be a good idea to get one small, rare species and just take the risk. Last time I did that, it paid dividends big time. That was aristolochioides....I hope I have 1/2 the luck with the Jacq as I did with that one.

Hey Schloaty -

It's new Nep week!! I just got word that my new addition, a N. burbidgea x edwardsiana, will be here Friday!!

Man, is our NECPS fall show gonna be AMAZING, or what?

Who else has a new Nep?

WildBill

Hey i just got a truncata with my x mas money and a cephalotus and also an Nep. alata that i recieved in trade.

I dunno how much rarer I'd consider it but I've just aquired the true N. clipeata.

Currently waiting for:
N. clipeata, N. aristolochioides, N. burbidgea x edwardsiana & N. macrophylla. Can't wait!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

cheers

bill

Wow Flycatchers!!

I wouldn't even be able to sleep with those on the way. I just got a macrophylla about a month ago and I'm waiting for the first new pitcher. Schloaty keeps sending me pictures of his N. aristolochiodes - I'm jealous and have to start saving more CP funds!!

WildBill

Just wait 'til I send you a pic of the jacq!
tounge.gif

Though I must admit a twinge of envy over your macro....

Mine came, too!!

Schloaty and everyone else- we want to see your plants!
smile.gif

Pat

[b said:
Quote[/b] (schloaty @ Feb. 27 2004,03:58)]Just wait 'til I send you a pic of the jacq!
tounge.gif

Though I must admit a twinge of envy over your macro....
Dave, sure your a bit envious because of N. macrophylla eventual size but keep in mind, this guy barely moves, he really slow and pokey at growing but from seeing plant grow up in person, they make progress farily rapidly. Mine has averaged so far 1 leaf a month...this end of this month, a new leave is almost already fully folded out. A pitcher takes another few weeks to form I would imagine. I'm guessing a total of 1 month and 2 weeks to see a full noticable change that is noteworthy.

the slowest of my neps is the judith finn, its ridiculus how slow it grows

well here is a photo of my N. macrophylla (Gunung Trusmadi, Sumatra)
2004_2_18_Neps_027.sized.jpg

and N. jacquelineae
2004_2_18_Neps_038.sized.jpg

thanks
-Jeremiah-

Wow Jeremiah, simply stunning! I guess your jac is a very red clone! Mine is a little toward the red side, but not like that! Very amazing! The macrophylla is great, too! Is the plant behind the jacquelineae a rajah basal rosette? Mine looks identical, so I am guessing so. WONDERFUL!!
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
unclesam.gif
cool.gif

thanks

yeah it is a N. rajah great guess

-Jeremiah-

So THAT'S what I have to look forward to? Wow! Sweet. I hope I can get my light hi enough to get color like that. Stunning!

I know Dave, don't you love it? I wish mine was that red... I think he got lucky with a really red clone! I can' believe I was right!!
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
unclesam.gif
cool.gif

Back